GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Error 404?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/04/05 at 13:46
Regular
Ok my son is asking me is it possible to have your own Error page? he has a domain hosted with freeola and at present any error pages are Freeola ones, I think he would like to make his own but can it be done?
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:47
Regular
sorted it now its working grand, just need to tweak the error page now so its a bit more classy and has a redirect to the home page.
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:43
"Are you sure?"
Shelljed wrote:
> Ouch!!!! Ever been hit by a sledge hammer!? right between the eyes!?
> Oh that hurt, SORTED guess who had a typo! ha ha ha its working now

Seems to be a bit of a problem with your 2442 site (in your profile) -
looks like your .htaccess could be causing a loop!

Careful...
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:29
Regular
Ouch!!!! Ever been hit by a sledge hammer!? right between the eyes!? Oh that hurt, SORTED guess who had a typo! ha ha ha its working now
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:21
Regular
"NULL"
Post the contents of your .htaccess file in here.
Wed 06/04/05 at 13:21
Regular
ok si have installed Smart FTP and sure enough it shows the .htaccess file that I uploaded but it still dosent work? its there but not doing anything?
Wed 06/04/05 at 12:55
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Filezilla user here
Wed 06/04/05 at 12:32
Regular
"NULL"
I've always used SmartFTP. Loads of features and free for private use.
Wed 06/04/05 at 11:17
Regular
I kinda thought that before you posted that it may be a hidden file (like in Windows "veiw hidden files")and had a look in the options but there is nothing like that in cute, it is an old version that I have, I have some other FTP things that came with cover disks,I have just never installed them as cute did what I needed maybe its a good thing that I cant see it! I may crash the whole freeola network! and become public enemy number one! :-)
Wed 06/04/05 at 11:06
Regular
"NULL"
The . at the beginning tells a *nix server to make that file hidden. Your ftp client may also be doing the same. I haven't used CuteFTP before, but have a look through the options for a setting that talks about "Show hidden files" or similar.
Wed 06/04/05 at 10:44
Regular
Oh dear another good forum members just been shot, and its all my fault!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.