GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you find that you read more, post less"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/05/01 at 20:43
Regular
I'm finding as the forums get busier that I can't read everything but I read more now and post less as a result.

I think a "chase" facility might help a little, i.e. a link where you can find the last post by a certain person you want to talk to.

Any ideas on this?
Fri 25/05/01 at 23:01
I read the last few if there are loads and then start from there.
Fri 25/05/01 at 23:45
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
With this in mind alot of people will just follow the notables around and listen to what they have to say. Kinda stalking them.

It will again be adding a extra which will make this site even more confusing to a newbie or somone who doesnt use the net much.

You could try it for a while though just to see what it is like but i think you will be excluding alot of people from disscussions if you do decide to keep it on.
Sat 26/05/01 at 09:50
"possibly impossible"
No no no no no no yes.

I think it will be a good idea, lets us keep track of things a bit better.

Stalking Notables? hehe! Even Ant, out in Portugal, or wherever he is at the moment? Really, he could have found an internet cafe out there or have broken into someone else's house to use their PC.

Trust me, when I go out to Spain later this year, I'll still be here, if you get my meaning.

Oh, and Tony, yes I read more and post less, usually because it takes me so long to wade through all the new topics and replies that have popped up between the time I leave work and the time I get home and get on the net here!
Sat 26/05/01 at 10:01
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Koooool. That would be wicked.

Nice one to ssxpro and your honour for having your taglines in the SR mag.. Your famous.
Sat 26/05/01 at 10:14
Regular
yeh that would be well good
Sat 26/05/01 at 11:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I say we kick all the stupid Notables out...:D

Out with the old and in with the new....and yes, that means you as well Tony-Boy!
Sat 26/05/01 at 12:14
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
There are so many topics now that I read much more than post.

I wonder how Sniper would deal with a stalker?
Sat 26/05/01 at 12:15
Regular
"Tony-Boy"!?!?!?

Whats all that about then hey? Something going on that you two would like to share with the rest of the group?

;-)
Sat 26/05/01 at 21:07
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> "Tony-Boy"!?!?!?

Whats all that about then hey?
> Something going on that you two would like to share with the rest of
> the group?

;-) hmmm sounds interesting
Sat 26/05/01 at 22:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no wrote:
> This was suggested in my mockup of the SR forums...

(Tony, you
> said to mention it)

What was suggested in your mockup?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.