GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you find that you read more, post less"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/05/01 at 20:43
Regular
I'm finding as the forums get busier that I can't read everything but I read more now and post less as a result.

I think a "chase" facility might help a little, i.e. a link where you can find the last post by a certain person you want to talk to.

Any ideas on this?
Thu 31/05/01 at 12:57
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
If I post something I am more interested in what other people have to say about it than posting again. So yeah I read more and post less.
Wed 30/05/01 at 16:55
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Ironically, some people seem to be reading less yet posting more.....
Wed 30/05/01 at 15:13
I just feel that I have to post a message, otherwise I will be lost later on: It happens all too often.
Wed 30/05/01 at 12:40
Regular
"not dead"
Yes, unfortunately I spendmore of my time reading posts, than I do responding to them.

It's a shame, but with recent changes at work and home, that's just the way it is.

I think that the Prime topics / Chatter split helps, as its easier to find the gaming related posts, and not get caught up trying to figure out the time-sensitive chatter that no longer makes sense.

And since you ruined my favourite place for creative posts, game previews and speculation, I've been wandering around like a lost puppy, not really wanting to post anything at all.

I miss my Gamecube forum. !_
Sat 26/05/01 at 23:09
as your probably gonna come back to htis i thaught ill ask why is the writing small? have u changed the site so the writing is smaller because lately on sr the text is small and it look jumbled. i can hardly make out the tag lines. this only happens on all the sr sites
Sat 26/05/01 at 23:05
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I suppose I have just answered my own question.

I've been here 30 minutes and made a total of three posts.
Sat 26/05/01 at 23:02
i always read more. thats why i dont come on fog alot. i stay on stuff like wwf so i can remember all of the topics. ill be here more when im reg
Sat 26/05/01 at 22:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no wrote:
> This was suggested in my mockup of the SR forums...

(Tony, you
> said to mention it)

What was suggested in your mockup?
Sat 26/05/01 at 21:07
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> "Tony-Boy"!?!?!?

Whats all that about then hey?
> Something going on that you two would like to share with the rest of
> the group?

;-) hmmm sounds interesting
Sat 26/05/01 at 12:15
Regular
"Tony-Boy"!?!?!?

Whats all that about then hey? Something going on that you two would like to share with the rest of the group?

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.