GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where did you meet and why is it important?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The title refers to your other half/better half/lover/husband/wife/biatch, delete as applicable.

I was thinking about this while in the bath this morning. Does it matter where you meet? Does it have any effect on you or others around you? Do you judge others on how and where they met?

What are your thoughts on people that have met say, in a pub? Or in a club? What about a blind date? Personal ads or the one I'm really getting at, through the Internet? I obviously have had a little personal experience regarding the last of these and have found it to be very strange in some ways. It's strange, because it hasn't been strange, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

It hasn't seemed strange to me regarding my lass, but yet I've still not been comfortable to tell everyone where we met. Why could this be?
I've told some people and it hasn't been a big thing to them and yet I think it would be to others. My parents for instance.

It just strikes me as odd.
We met online, (this very forum), talked for a year and a half on MSN and the phone and then met up. We just got on really well, as cheesy as it sounds, we just "clicked". We've been a couple for over 4 months and now and now she's just my lass. No longer is she a name on a forum, my contacts list and mobile. She's ma' woman, innit.

The way I see it is that is doesn't matter really how we or anyone else meets, it's how you get on and relate to each other and those around you that matters.
I've taken some stick for meeting her online, (even worse then that it has made me talk like a third division football manager now and then).

It has been called "sad" that we met online and are now dating. Why is it sad? I didn't come on this website looking for totty. I mean, the fact that the sexy beast that is Light comes on here keeps me coming back, but that isn't why I joined. If I'd joined a gym or something because I wanted to go to it and then I met someone there, would that not be the same thing? Is it simply because when we first met, we didn't really meet because we were an hour away from each other that causes people to look down their nose?

What if I'd signed up to a dating website, would that then actually be sad because I was looking for people online and the perception may be that I can't "get" a girl in "real" life?

I'm just wondering what all your thoughts are on this and if any of you have had any personal experience of any of it.

Now go, my pretties, and go on Light, you gorgeous creature.
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:21
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Ms NY wrote:
> Lawrence wrote:
> Hoe is David's
>
> :)
>
> Louise is quite a common name now. It's my middle name, and another 4
> girls in my class at school had it too..

Yeah I know. My sister did have the name Faith, which I grew to like, but my dad pointed out that her initials would be 'FEW' so..actually I'm not sure where Louise came from, I think it was from my great nan. I knew her middle name came from my nan who died just before Louise was born. Elizabeth (is thats how its spelt??) is my nans middle name. Some how I don't think my sister wanted my nieces middle name to be Martha.
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:19
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Thing is, I want to call my first boy that, but if my sister or my other sister and 2 bros have a boy before me I have to reconsider and call it David Jnr
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:16
Regular
I was expecting that to be edited so I didn't quote it, pft.
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:16
Regular
That's cool. My sister was called Jo, I'd like to name my daughter that.
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:15
Regular
"cachoo"
Lawrence wrote:
> Hoe is David's

:)

Louise is quite a common name now. It's my middle name, and another 4 girls in my class at school had it too..
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:14
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
There are reasons for both.

Hope is David's choice becase we had our first kiss to Keane's hopes and fears, but I likes Hope since i was 10 anyways.

Dean is because..well before I was born my mum had a baby boy called Dean. He died when he was 4 months old. My older sister and I (i'm not sure about my other sister and brothers) both said we'd name our first boy Dean. My sister had a little girl last year called Louise and I don't think she's going to have any more soon.
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:09
Regular
I don't like either of those much.. I've known too many Deans and Hope doesn't feel right.

But then they won't be my children.

Maybe.
Wed 06/04/05 at 00:05
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
First girl is Hope

First boy is Dean
Tue 05/04/05 at 23:59
Regular
'Grix'?
Tue 05/04/05 at 23:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
SHEEPY wrote:
> If I remember, one of the things you talked about was ME.
> Tell your kids that.

We'll name the 2nd boy born Craig, since we've already got names for the first boy and first girl.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.