GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Browser test"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/03/05 at 19:17
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Lo all, just wanted a quick browser test on this before I get too far into development:

[URL]http://dev.digital-prozac.co.uk/[/URL]

I've checked it in FF 1.0.2/Mozilla/Camino & IE 6.2, specifically loomking for a screener from Safari.
Tue 29/03/05 at 23:47
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Timmargh wrote:
> Looks good and everything seems to fit in Safari 1.2.4.
> [URL]http://timmargh.net/files/digitalprozac.jpg[/URL] - my mouse was
> over the "home" link.

Cheers Tim, Safari was a major concern as it's not perfect but is used by a majority of Mac users today.
Wed 30/03/05 at 11:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Good luck with the Friday deadline, I certainly be checking it out.

Tyla wrote:
> Indeed, all my own work including the images seen.

What font did you use for the welcome text?
And is the flowers picture just a photo which you've taken and cut around, or did you touch it up in an image editor?
What was your inspiration for this design?
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ooh, very nice!
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:37
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> Good luck with the Friday deadline, I certainly be checking it out.

Cheers, will make a change to meet a personal deadline

> What font did you use for the welcome text?

Gigi

> And is the flowers picture just a photo which you've taken and cut
> around, or did you touch it up in an image editor?

Taken last summer in my father-in-laws garden. Pink Anenomes(sp?) Wrenched through photoshop to remove the background, cut out and a couple of colour filters added to turn them green.

> What was your inspiration for this design?

Lots of coffee, 5 hours in photoshop, a touch of weed, 3 colours, the urge to produce something in xhtml 1.0 strict and the photo of the flowers. Plus the sudden realisation that if I'm going freelance 100% I really need to kick my @rse in to gear and get it done.
Wed 30/03/05 at 13:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Your logo says "dp", huuur.
Wed 30/03/05 at 16:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
cjh wrote:
> Bloody hell, that's nice.

seconded.
Fri 01/04/05 at 22:34
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> Good luck with the Friday deadline, I certainly be checking it out.

Looking more like Mon/Tues next week now due to a nightmare I'm having with trying to use the image replacement technique for form labels. Not even sure if it can be done, but bashing my head awayon my desk trying to figure it out.
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:04
Regular
"NULL"
What exactly you trying to do?
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:15
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> What exactly you trying to do?

If you look at http://dev.digital-prozac.co.uk/, the welcome text is done using CSS image replacement. The HTML still uses the

Welcome

, but the css replaces this with the Welcome image by using the image in the background of the H1 and moving the text out of the parent div...

Still with me?

If you disable styles, the h1 becomes working code again as well as being picked up in text browsers and SEO by default.

It's actually a very clever trick, but...

I was trying to adapt the same technique to replace form labels using
Sat 02/04/05 at 10:09
Regular
"NULL"
Oh I see - that's a very cool idea. I had noticed the

thing on your site when I visited actually.

If you do get the form labels working the same way, please let us know how - over the next few months I'm going to be helping build several totally accessible pages that still look good.

Hopefully, when done, they will be XHTML Strict, valid CSS and then Bobby, 508, and WCAG 1, 2 & 3 approved. Lol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.