GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yey!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/03/05 at 17:08
"possibly impossible"
Got my Red-black tag belt in Taekwondo on Saturday. 6 months to Black Belt now...

..but still got no eggs for easter...

..but then bought cheap Cadburys Cream Eggs for 18p in Tesco...

..But feel too ill to eat them...

..and working till 11pm...
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:34
Regular
Awesome! I made it to green belt and then went on hiatus. Won every sparring competition! It was great, but it really hurt a lot. Owie. I've been thinking of converting to a different style instead of going back. Looking at Akido...flowing with the force instead of engaging it.

Kudo's to you! :)
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:31
"possibly impossible"
RoJ wrote:
> I do ITF as well. How much do you have to pay for your suit and pads?

Suits are about £25 pads vary and I can't remember how much the last lot were, but since all the directives to wear all the gear for sparring, I must have spent loads on all the stuff.

Hate gumshields though, they make me gag...
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:16
Regular
"be destroyed"
i'm a ghost and i'm scary
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:11
Regular
We tend to learn most of our harsher moves from Kyushindo and Karate teachers, there are some mean pressure point takedowns and 'flowing' throws.

Stickwork is good aswell, mainly we use the 'Bo' from Kyushindo and also some walking stick takedowns, it's brutally effective in the sensitive area!
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:09
Regular
"be destroyed"
i love swords dont you. when i went to tkd everyone was a pain in the ass they took years trying to line up so my muscles are still laughing see look HA HA HA HA HA HA
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:08
"period drama"
I do OMG
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:06
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I do ITF as well. How much do you have to pay for your suit and pads?
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:06
"possibly impossible"
Oh, the good thing is that we also get to do weapons work (bo-staff, nunchuks, swords) and learn some harsh self-defense moves from visiting instructors in other disciplines.
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:04
"possibly impossible"
I do ITF - I do find the sparring better than WTF, though its semi contact, rather than full contact.

Had to do breaking using my elbow and also a flying side kick (my personal favorite). Also had to spar against 2 other students, which was fun. The best part being when I pulled off a mid-air splits, managing to kick both opponents at the same time.

Not sure about other schools, but they aren't too harsh on us until black belt anyway. Only 60 press-ups, sit ups, star jumps and hindu squats for the warm up, forms up to Chung Mu and 1 step sparring. Also get the usual line work and knowlegde tests.

I have a feeling that Black Belt will be much harder though, no mistakes allowed!
Mon 28/03/05 at 21:03
Regular
"Not a Jew"
No, in fact it's bloody awful. I'm doing this thing for my Duke of Ed and I'll be quitting it within the next month.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.