GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So many games, so little time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/11/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Why do games developers do it eh? As soon as we enter Winter everything seems to come flying at you demanding your money. Just in the next 5 days in America there's NFSU2, MGS3 and Goldeneye all coming out. That's already on top of Phantom Brave, GTA SA, Pro Evo 4 and Madden i'm playing at the moment (along with Footie Manager 2k5 on the PC)

Why can't they filter out the releases throughout the year? surely they'd make more money with releasing their AAA title in the middle of June where there is hardly that much competition instead of the middle of November when there's about 10 games demanding you buy them? Sure it's usually nice and sunny in Summer but you're not outside all the time (well i'm not anyway) there's still time to be playing games.

Stupid games developers and all their good games, looks like college is going to have to take a back seat :-D
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Why do games developers do it eh? As soon as we enter Winter everything seems to come flying at you demanding your money. Just in the next 5 days in America there's NFSU2, MGS3 and Goldeneye all coming out. That's already on top of Phantom Brave, GTA SA, Pro Evo 4 and Madden i'm playing at the moment (along with Footie Manager 2k5 on the PC)

Why can't they filter out the releases throughout the year? surely they'd make more money with releasing their AAA title in the middle of June where there is hardly that much competition instead of the middle of November when there's about 10 games demanding you buy them? Sure it's usually nice and sunny in Summer but you're not outside all the time (well i'm not anyway) there's still time to be playing games.

Stupid games developers and all their good games, looks like college is going to have to take a back seat :-D
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:39
Regular
Don't buy Goldeneye, just don't do it.
Sun 14/11/04 at 13:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Won't be i'll be getting it sent over, contacts are great :-D

Only thing worrying me about it is it's done by EA, until then seeing as the thing isn't even out yet i'll reserve judgement
Sun 14/11/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Games I want this year :

DefJam 2
Rocky Legends
NFSU2
Football Manager 2005
Splinter Cell 3

Theres loads more, but I cant remember them all. I can afford one from that list right now but that means i'll be spending £30 on my Sister, Mum and Dad for Xmas which is a bit tight so I have to wait till Xmas.

:(
Sun 14/11/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I suppose I'm lucky in the fact that I never look at what's coming out. Sure it means that I probably miss a few releases but I eventually catch up. At least I don't have a list of games that I have to worry about getting the money together to buy :)
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:05
"period drama"
Try owning a GC.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:14
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Mwahahaha!

I have my birthday and christmas coming up, which means muchos denero or just general presents. So soon I'll have SA, Killzone and others, to add to my PES 4, NFSU and Rainbow Six. Aswell as FM2005 which will be burnt for me tomorrow.

However I need a new (3rd) memory card in order to make use oput of any of them.

This means that I will have bought/received more games in the last 40 days than I have in the last 325 put together.

*That's a yes, I know what you mean, Lakers
:D
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Max Drive is very handy if you have alot of saved games that you dont always play, it lets you store your saves on your computer to free up your PS2 memory card.

I so badly want FM2005 that i've gone back to playing CM4 but I dont want to buy it now, I want to look forward to Xmas this year and not get money.

I hope they dont release an updated version of FM2005 shortly after Xmas like they did with CM4.
Sun 14/11/04 at 20:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Try owning a GC.

I wouldn't have this problem then :-D
Sun 14/11/04 at 21:38
"period drama"
Shush you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.