GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jimmy Eat World - Concert Opinion."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/05 at 07:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Last week on Wednesday night I saw Jimmy Eat World live at Astoria London. I was really impressed with their set. I'm a fan of most of their songs and to be honest, it was one of the best live performances I've seen.

Especially considering the duration they were performing for (well over 90 mins).

Anyone else a Jimmy fan?
Dringo - didn't you catch them on the Tuesday. What did you think?

'Apartment' supported them - they were crap live.
Sun 27/03/05 at 21:31
Regular
Just out of interest, what's the Astoria like? Going there to see Funeral for a Friend in June, ain't been before - good atmosphere?
Sun 27/03/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Seeing them supporting Green Day in June then again at Reading if they impress.

Listened to their new album once or twice at work and found it to be okay, but you said it takes a few listens.
Sun 27/03/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Sweetness and Get it Faster are awesome.

May well try to invest in the new albybum before Reading fez then.
Assuming I can get a Reading ticket... Going to Portsmouth HMV on Tuesday to try and get two for us... :S
Sun 27/03/05 at 19:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
They went for a Rock set. Especially after the 2500 people screamed 'Encore' - they came back on and just played PAIN, then Sweetness... and then Get it Faster (with a superb slow building introduction that sounded very Muse-esque).

It was awesome.

And if you haven't brought Futures, I'd say your missing one of the best albums of recent years from your collection. It takes a few listens to grow, but its a perfect mix of rock and emo, mixed with some seriously good lyrics and well.. Pain is track 7.
Sun 27/03/05 at 15:50
Regular
"Pain" from their new album simply rocks.
Sun 27/03/05 at 12:59
Regular
"8==="
Sweetness (New version)

Me like very muchly.
Sun 27/03/05 at 12:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Only ever really liked the amazing 'Salt, sweat, sugar' (or 'Bleed American' before 11/9). The Middle really didn't do it for me, and I've not heard much from them since. It's a pity - if they just released an album of 'Salt, sweat...' OI'd buy it and play it on repeat forever.
Sun 27/03/05 at 12:52
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I should be seeing them at Reading fest.

Haven't heard any of their new album though. Liked bits of 'Bleed American' (or self-titled if you got it after 9/11). Some of it was just irritating cheesyness though. Same with Clarity, which at times is way too self-indulgent, but mostly alright.

What kind of set was it? More geared to their rockier stuff or the softer (and at times cheesier) stuff?
Sun 27/03/05 at 07:01
Regular
"everyone says it"
Last week on Wednesday night I saw Jimmy Eat World live at Astoria London. I was really impressed with their set. I'm a fan of most of their songs and to be honest, it was one of the best live performances I've seen.

Especially considering the duration they were performing for (well over 90 mins).

Anyone else a Jimmy fan?
Dringo - didn't you catch them on the Tuesday. What did you think?

'Apartment' supported them - they were crap live.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.