GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mp3 - The way forward?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/03/05 at 23:32
Regular
I was just wondering if most of you had converted to the new system of mp3. It's basically a system for people who want to spend less time/energy. People can easily buy a CD player cheaply and change them or burn their own CD, however, the manouverability of an mp3 player is a real plus point.

I joined the mp3 movement at Christmas (with a Creative Zen from SR) and haven't looked back, songs are easy to put across and it's great for long and monotonous bus/coach journeys.

My question(s) are this: Have you joined the mp3 movement? and Will mp3 players eventually replace CDs? as CDs replaced vinyll and DVDs replaced VHS
Mon 28/03/05 at 17:56
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
DNA wrote:
> My question(s) are this: Have you joined the mp3 movement? and Will
> mp3 players eventually replace CDs? as CDs replaced vinyll and DVDs
> replaced VHS

Mp3? Which rock have you been lurking under and/or which planet have you been exploring ?
Mon 28/03/05 at 17:06
Regular
"-_-"
Mp4 all the way...:S
Mon 28/03/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Always the winner?"
phi11ip wrote:
> That's like Microsoft blocking
> Firefox from Windows.

...or Opera
Mon 28/03/05 at 15:08
Regular
"8==="
Mp4
Mon 28/03/05 at 15:05
Regular
"Always the winner?"
DNA wrote:
> Will
> mp3 players eventually replace CDs? as CDs replaced vinyll and DVDs
> replaced VHS

I dunno. Depends on the place where you are and whats the cost of an authentic cd. If its Europe, it doesn't matter. Mp3s are never gonna replace cds.

If it is a region with blooming pirates, then well, cds are no longer purchased. I remember when I left India, some months ago, cds were sold for 55 rs. to 99 rs.; that is about 0.75 pounds to 1.25 pounds. And even then, people opted for mp3 compilations on cds. Why not? 100 odd songs on a cd for rs. 30 0.50 pounds! Every audio cd player launched there neccessarily supports mp3. Anyways, people never use the audio cd compatibility of the mp3 players.
Sun 27/03/05 at 17:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Chipseh wrote:
> especially as Napster and other music
> stores operate rent-only services. iTunesMS is a step in the right
> direction, but people still prefer to buy CD's.

See, if you're gonna be buying at least 15 songs a month (only 2 albums) then Napster is the way to go as it's far far cheaper and you can change your songs whenever you want. Plus you can still buy songs indefinitely just like you do with iTunes.

iTunes is a rip-off too, the way they block you from using other MP3 players is getting them into trouble. That's like Microsoft blocking Firefox from Windows.
Sun 27/03/05 at 17:10
"period drama"
Aha, it's a bit late for 'the way forward?'
This isn't 90s Tomorrow's World.

It has been the way forward. Now it is simply the way.
Sun 27/03/05 at 16:07
Regular
I meant it's new compared to CDs
Sun 27/03/05 at 00:40
Regular
"Captain to you."
mattributé wrote:
> 'new system of mp3'
>
> What is this, 1998?

Thats wha i was thinking, i've had a mp3 player for years. alhought now i have a nice zen touch.

I got my rio years ago, not sure where it is now :(
Sat 26/03/05 at 23:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Me, my man. Replaced my Napstering needs quite adequately for a short while

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.