GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko - face it, it sucks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/03/05 at 20:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"His parents think he’s mental and send him to a shrink rather than talk to him, leaving Donnie with plenty of time to listen to esoteric tunes on the soundtrack that add depth and emotion to what is little more than a join-the-dots plot about time travel.

Oh, except it isn’t about time travel at all. It’s about parallel universes. But you won’t get that from the film, because it goes to great lengths to shout TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL at you until you wish for a DeLorean and Biff Tannen to rescue you from this turgid Red Dwarf nonsense."

[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=47[/URL] to read the full article.

Written by Goaty by the way, I happen to like it. But then, I 'cried' at the end of Eternal Sunshine. Psshaw.
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:19
Regular
Garden State completely owns it as a fashionable indie-student film.
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:20
Regular
"8==="
Cycloon wrote:
> No Flock.
>
> It's decent. EXCEPT for the fact it goes on and on. About all these
> wild concepts. Yet tell me, what did it actually say?

No, what did it make you think about? How did it provoke you into thought?

It said
> nothing at all, it just got a big mess of ideas and shoved them
> together and went LOOK! Amazing! Confusing! Meaningful!

...and got you thinking.
>

> Just watch something like American Beauty to see the difference in
> class.

**** no!
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:21
Regular
"Monochromatic"
mattributé wrote:
> Goth.

* Very offended *

I am NOT a goth!
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Cycloon wrote:
> Just watch something like American Beauty to see the difference in
> class.

If you were to look at my bookcase and my few DVD films you would see the two side by side. American Beauty is probably my favourite film
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Flock wrote:
> * Very offended *
>
> I am NOT a goth!

Sorry.

Neo-goth.
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:25
Regular
"8==="
>Techno-goth<
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Anyone that wants to write reviews of anything can feel free to do so, just send them to reviews at theshiznit dot co dot uk and I'll take a look at them.
Sat 26/03/05 at 00:40
Try and attract Crossbob to write for you.
Sat 26/03/05 at 00:42
Regular
kick his ass, seabass
Sat 26/03/05 at 13:14
Regular
Completely agree, but on the same site that gives Lost in Translation 4/5? Come on kids, be consistant.

And at least Red Dwarf doesn't take itself seriously. I love Red Dwarf. Well, earlier stuff anyway, it went a bit downhill a bit fast after series six with the western and stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.