GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko - face it, it sucks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/03/05 at 20:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"His parents think he’s mental and send him to a shrink rather than talk to him, leaving Donnie with plenty of time to listen to esoteric tunes on the soundtrack that add depth and emotion to what is little more than a join-the-dots plot about time travel.

Oh, except it isn’t about time travel at all. It’s about parallel universes. But you won’t get that from the film, because it goes to great lengths to shout TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL at you until you wish for a DeLorean and Biff Tannen to rescue you from this turgid Red Dwarf nonsense."

[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=47[/URL] to read the full article.

Written by Goaty by the way, I happen to like it. But then, I 'cried' at the end of Eternal Sunshine. Psshaw.
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"His parents think he’s mental and send him to a shrink rather than talk to him, leaving Donnie with plenty of time to listen to esoteric tunes on the soundtrack that add depth and emotion to what is little more than a join-the-dots plot about time travel.

Oh, except it isn’t about time travel at all. It’s about parallel universes. But you won’t get that from the film, because it goes to great lengths to shout TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL at you until you wish for a DeLorean and Biff Tannen to rescue you from this turgid Red Dwarf nonsense."

[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=47[/URL] to read the full article.

Written by Goaty by the way, I happen to like it. But then, I 'cried' at the end of Eternal Sunshine. Psshaw.
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It never says very much, and simply looks at you half mysteriously going 'you understand?'

Most clever films (or pretentious) at least try to make a point. DD just ambles about and then expects you to understand how profound what it said was. When it said sod all.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:00
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
I second this motion...'cult classic' my ar§e.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's tripe, really.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:52
Regular
It's alright.

Just maybe a bit, I dunno, trying to be to clever for its own good.

And loads of Goths preached it with delight.

EDIT: When I say 'clever', I mean 'make it as stupidly complicated as possible so you have to watch it at least two times to fully understand what the bloody hell is going on'

Hmm, come to think of it, it's below average.

No wait, it's crap.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had sex during it.
So my ex bought me the DVD to watch... didn't miss much.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:57
Regular
"Excommunicated"
teen-angst version of a Quantum Leap episode (minus the humorous “oh my god I’m a black woman in the 50’s” ending they all seemed to have).

Haha
Goatboy is a funny beatch
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:03
Regular
"8==="
Good film.

Even better is the results it can produce from those that watch it as they scratch their heads and go 'I don't get it' well did you 'get' the ending of Timebandits?

If you enjoyed it then great, but to get annoyed because you can't comprehend everything about it is pretty funny really. If it makes you think, is interesting viewing and has you thinking about it months later then you've got your moneys worth.

Not everything has to make sense aslong as it's an enjoyable experience.
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
We know that Hedfix.

But the point is DD pretends to say stuff, and yet it has no message at all.

Except, 'sacrifice yourself'.

Hooray.....
Fri 25/03/05 at 22:07
Regular
"8==="
and that doesn't matter if it's enjoyable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.