GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko - face it, it sucks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/03/05 at 20:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"His parents think he’s mental and send him to a shrink rather than talk to him, leaving Donnie with plenty of time to listen to esoteric tunes on the soundtrack that add depth and emotion to what is little more than a join-the-dots plot about time travel.

Oh, except it isn’t about time travel at all. It’s about parallel universes. But you won’t get that from the film, because it goes to great lengths to shout TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL TIME TRAVEL at you until you wish for a DeLorean and Biff Tannen to rescue you from this turgid Red Dwarf nonsense."

[URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=47[/URL] to read the full article.

Written by Goaty by the way, I happen to like it. But then, I 'cried' at the end of Eternal Sunshine. Psshaw.
Mon 28/03/05 at 14:37
Regular
Brazil, now I want to see that, there's a few different versions, Hollywood's and Gilliam's. Big fuss over it if I remember.

Is the uncut one actually available on DVD?
Mon 28/03/05 at 14:34
Regular
"That's right!"
I bought it because I thought "Well, I usually don't agree with the mass market, and the mass market seems to hate it"

I hated it.

And I'm a great lover of films. Two of my mates, who don't have DVDs coming out of their ears like I do, loved it.

Strange.
Sun 27/03/05 at 14:05
Regular
"8==="
No I think V_M summed it up best.
Sun 27/03/05 at 13:58
Regular
It was a big fat steaming pile.

It was the film version of an Emo kid. It tried to appear intelligent by being vague and attempting to be different when at the end of the day the film was a really simple concept made confusing by the lack of obvious sense in the ending.

It was Back to the Future for Goths and loner children who are angry with the world.
Sun 27/03/05 at 13:22
Regular
"8==="
Yeah.. well.. it doesn't have Robert De Niro as a plumber now does it?

nOOb ;P
Sun 27/03/05 at 13:20
Regular
"you've got a beard"
as i've said before, DD is an alright film that's been ruined by an elitist audience.
Sun 27/03/05 at 08:56
Regular
"8==="
Oh dear.

I suggest you have a look at Brazil instead then.
Sat 26/03/05 at 20:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
> No Flock.
>
> It's decent. EXCEPT for the fact it goes on and on. About all these
> wild concepts. Yet tell me, what did it actually say?
>
> No, what did it make you think about? How did it provoke you into
> thought?
>
> It said
> nothing at all, it just got a big mess of ideas and shoved them
> together and went LOOK! Amazing! Confusing! Meaningful!
>
> ...and got you thinking.
>
>
> Just watch something like American Beauty to see the difference in
> class.
>
> **** no!

It didn't make me think. Anything except 'yeah, shut up and say something please, rather than pretend to be clever'
Sat 26/03/05 at 16:50
Regular
I didn't like it.

I just assumed it was some crappy crappy dream that he had.

It was a waste of and hour and a half of my life.

And a video case worth of space on my shelf.
Sat 26/03/05 at 13:16
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Gunmen of the Apocalypse was on the other night, probably my favourite episode.

I forgot how funny it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.