GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stoicism vs. Hedonism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/03/05 at 19:49
Regular
Where is the flaw in developing one's mind and subordinating the trivialities of physical existence?
Isn't it this identification of the mind which attests to our existence, helps us to perceive the world and find a true equilibrium, a balance between our physical needs and mental tranquillity?
If this is so, then why is stoicism not readily recognised as the best starting point (method) in life? Or is destructive hedonism all that most are capable of…
any thoughts?
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It was great fun.
I'm meant to be going to the pub but nobody has phoned to confirm... I'll probably be on later though.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:31
Regular
He told me, but you had a good reason, at least for the ones that were riding things.

I still need a horsey.

I think I'll go play. I've worked hard today, I've almost wrote a page.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'll need to shake off this reputation after ONE wrong turn.
Though me and Nash just ran away all last night.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:24
Regular
'Those who fight and run away, live to fight another day'

You see, the problem with that saying Sheepy, is you actually have to FIGHT at SOME POINT

You wuss.
Fri 25/03/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Remember when we hid behind the rock?
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:54
"period drama"
It's always funny, Cyc.
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
See, now it's funny

:D

Hedonism by the way.

Bit of stoicism.

Balance, as ever
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:49
"period drama"
Indeed. Just a way to rationalise things.
God was created in man's image, not the other way around.
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:28
Regular
"bot"
I believe that the concept of God was an early, primitive attempt at explaining the universe. It can be logically supposed that the universe either somehow 'began' from nothingness (the big bang) or that it has always existed (steady state). In the same way God is perceived to have been eternally present, and the creator of life. The universe facilitates life. The universe exists, therefore we can exist. In some ways it could then be considered as the 'creator' in the sense that it has allowed us to evolve into what we are.
Fri 25/03/05 at 20:26
Regular
hahahahahahaha

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.