GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game cube sucks."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/11/04 at 21:13
Regular
Game cube sucks compared to the Xbox or PS2. All of the nitendo consles.
Tue 16/11/04 at 19:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> But it would be fun to have a shooting/driving/violent game like
> GTA... But designed for the adult Nintendo fans (us)... so a Mario
> statue in the town centre, perhaps NINTENDO HQ, a few street or area
> names inspired by Nintendo games. Even Pikmin flowers in the town
> park...

That was what I was thinking of. To be more fun I would say it would need to be more adult orientated then most first-party Nintendo games but there'd be no need to push it to the 18 cert.

Mushroom Kingdom with the castle and a whole town around it. The ability to walk near-endless streets thronging with Toads and Koopas, to go into houses with Chain Chomps in their kennels outside. To work for the Pianta syndicate and walk the streets wiping out innocent Goombas just strolling by by jumping on them in spiky soled boots..

> That'd be nice. Chances of Rockstar developing a Nintendo-specific
> GTA? Not a chance. Maybe they would if Nintendo asked though.

I'd trust only a project like this to Nintendo. :S
Tue 16/11/04 at 18:02
Regular
"0228"
Mario in GTA would be crazy but Nintendo being Nintendo, they'd have to put one of their big name characters into the game if they were to go ahead with the project.

It could work with Samus in a sort of space age GTA style game. The new Metroid games are FPS though so Mario probably would be put in 'Mario Road Rage' where you take Mario on an exiting adventure to get Luigi his cap from the dry cleaners and then save Princess Peach from Bowser...as always.

That probably would happen if Nintendo decided to make a GTA style game but there are always third-party developers.
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:35
Regular
tphi wrote:
> It would be enormous fun.
>
> You'd buy it.

I would...

But it would be fun to have a shooting/driving/violent game like GTA... But designed for the adult Nintendo fans (us)... so a Mario statue in the town centre, perhaps NINTENDO HQ, a few street or area names inspired by Nintendo games. Even Pikmin flowers in the town park...

That'd be nice. Chances of Rockstar developing a Nintendo-specific GTA? Not a chance. Maybe they would if Nintendo asked though.
Tue 16/11/04 at 14:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It would be enormous fun.

You'd buy it.
Tue 16/11/04 at 10:55
Regular
Noooo, a new franchise...

A NEW FRANCHISE!
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've said it before and I'll say it again. A GTA-type game set in the Mushroom Kingdom with the thoroughness and attention to detail to Nintendo history of Paper Mario would be great.
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Tomoose wrote:
> My PS2 fanboy mate, said that if GTA was ever ported to the Cube, then
> "it'd have to have Mario in it or something." That makes so
> much sense, i'll just go and shoot myself with this horseshoe...

Ahahahahahaha!!

Genius.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:52
Regular
Tomoose wrote:
> My PS2 fanboy mate, said that if GTA was ever ported to the Cube, then
> "it'd have to have Mario in it or something." That makes so
> much sense, i'll just go and shoot myself with this horseshoe...

That would be cool, a GTA built with like Mario statues and mini Nintendo games in an arcade or somet.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:52
Regular
Marcini wrote:
> Its the general publics view that the GameCube is a kiddy gamer.
> People from other consoles tend to follow this, and no matter how
> much you say that the games arent kiddy, it wont change anything. Its
> what the majority of the public think.

Nintendo are childish, but then games are in general.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:25
Regular
"the burning sky"
My PS2 fanboy mate, said that if GTA was ever ported to the Cube, then "it'd have to have Mario in it or something." That makes so much sense, i'll just go and shoot myself with this horseshoe...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.