GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Physics"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/05/01 at 13:39
Regular
Did any one see Games Lab on Tuesday on .TV? It was all about physics in computers. It was discussing the PS2 a little. The bloke said that the PS2 is very powerful, which we know and is capable of using advanced physics for games. What this means is that the game will actually behave like they do in real life. Driving games will have the same physics that real driving has. Before games did have physics but basically they had to be simplfied down to actually run them. The bloke was impressed with the PS2 as he said that its like havinga supercomputer on top of your TV. He said within the next year the games we play will have physics that havent been seen before.

F1 2001 is so much more realistic than any PS1 F1 game. GT3 uses some advanced Physics but not as much as is possiable. Thats why games like Redfaction can use the Geomod as the PS2 can handle the Physics, pretty easily.
Thu 24/05/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Not as such but I have read a little of it and understand it. What I meant was it may be a little advanced e.t.c but doing A-Level computing and being interested in the PS2 and computing I understand whats going on. I have read information before about the PS2 and how it works e.t.c. It is advanced, but to me I would find it easier to understand as I have been taught about Buses, Acumaltors e.t.c then say a person who just plays games and hasnt been taught this sort of stuff.
Thu 24/05/01 at 17:56
Regular
Adrian, you wouldn't learn much of that type of thing in a Computing class at School, I've got Higher Computing and you do a little about buses, mips and flops etc., but that article is much more advanced.
Thu 24/05/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Jive wrote:
It's a bit
> heavy going but stay with it and all will become clear!

I do A-Level Computing so I know quite alot. Last computing exam tommorow.
Thu 24/05/01 at 17:24
Regular
Nah, Sony running scared should win it today.

Goatboy wrote:
> Yes there is a way of shortening that.

"Please give me a
> gameaday win"
Thu 24/05/01 at 17:06
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Bonus wrote:
> Jive, is there any way of writing that shorter, I don't want to be like MS and cut corners now do i??

LOL!!

Yeah sorry mate, I was only jesting with you :)
Thu 24/05/01 at 17:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes there is a way of shortening that.

"Please give me a gameaday win"
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:58
Regular
Jive, is there any way of writing that shorter, I don't want to be like MS and cut corners now do i??
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Bonus! man "war and peace" was shorter than that! :-)

Yeah it is a great website for explaining the workings of the PS2 and I can't wait to see the developments in the future, you've only gotta look at the 1st Ridge Race for the PSx and then to FF9 to see how graphics have advanced!

My PS2 sits ontop of my video with my PSx sat ontop of that!
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:41
Regular
nope, on top of my stereo, so i could wire it up easily.
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Who has their PS2 on top of their telly?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.