GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The right to die"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/03/05 at 19:49
Regular
I'm finding myself conflicted over the story of Terri Shiavo.

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1444123,00.html[/URL]

It tears at my heart that they're allowing her to starve to death, but the doctors have all confirmed that there is no recovery for her. Perhaps it is a moral issue that we must all face. Perhaps it's her husband that wants her to just die so he can move on with his life, insisting that it would be her will. Perhaps it's just her family that can not bring themselves to the resignation of letting her go.

It has definitely encouraged me to have a living will drafted so that in the event this circumstance occurs to me, everyone will know for certain that it was my wish not to live.

Who's choice is it to let her live or die? Letting her starve just seems inhumane.
Thu 24/03/05 at 19:49
Regular
I'm finding myself conflicted over the story of Terri Shiavo.

[URL]http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1444123,00.html[/URL]

It tears at my heart that they're allowing her to starve to death, but the doctors have all confirmed that there is no recovery for her. Perhaps it is a moral issue that we must all face. Perhaps it's her husband that wants her to just die so he can move on with his life, insisting that it would be her will. Perhaps it's just her family that can not bring themselves to the resignation of letting her go.

It has definitely encouraged me to have a living will drafted so that in the event this circumstance occurs to me, everyone will know for certain that it was my wish not to live.

Who's choice is it to let her live or die? Letting her starve just seems inhumane.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:02
Regular
I really think they should give her the lethal injection or something, it's humane, and it'll let her die.

What's the point in living like that?

You can't understand anythink, you're braindead really, you've 0% chacne of recovery, just let her die?

I've already told my parents that if I'm in the same situation, I want to be killed.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:09
"period drama"
I would want to be in that situation.
But ... the parents say she wouldn't, and that's the whole problem.

Although, if they're just going to let her starve to death, they may as well order a lethal injection and not make this more drawm-out than it has been already.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:28
Regular
Lethal injections seem like what they'd give the condemned on death row, not the terminally ill. That's euthanasia, right? I thought that was still illegal.

[edit] Though, I do agree that zipping her out quick would be a more civilized method to letting her dangle at deaths door. Everytime I think about this, my heart goes out to her mother.
Thu 24/03/05 at 20:46
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
Here's an argument:

I wonder how much is spent on keeping her alive every year? Many thousands. She will never recover, and will remain in a vegetative state, unable to think or do anything for herself, not even feeling pain.

In Africa millions die each year through cureable diseases, lack of water and famine. Their pain is very real, and as we are all told, a couple of quid can save a whole village. So, knock Mrs Schiavo off (this sounds so horrible) and feed over a thousand starving children each year with (her bone marrow MWHAHAHAH) the money saved.

I await your shock and horror.
Thu 24/03/05 at 21:18
"period drama"
Celestine wrote:
> Lethal injections seem like what they'd give the condemned on death
> row, not the terminally ill.

They are by and large the same thing.
And so?

>That's euthanasia, right? I thought
> that was still illegal.

Over here, yes it's illegal. Although I see no reason for it to be.

> [edit] Though, I do agree that zipping her out quick would be a more
> civilized method to letting her dangle at deaths door. Everytime I
> think about this, my heart goes out to her mother.

Mine doesn't. If anyone, surely the girl in question?
If I were a parent to this girl, I'd let her go - there's no improvement, no chance of life, hardly any life at all. It seems purely selfish to me to keep her alive.

Gather your memories, and say goodbye.
Thu 24/03/05 at 22:32
Regular
Euthanasia is the humane thing in many cases.

Our stupid laws and morally twisted society just can't acknowledge that.

Abortion is also the right choice in some cases.

I dare say most of the people opposing both of these things are religious fanatics who can't see past their bibles.
Thu 24/03/05 at 23:35
Regular
All of this is conflicting and appalling to me. Of course, my heart goes out to her. It does to every one of the members of her family, but especially to her mother for having to see her child in this condition. Every decent parent feels something when their child is injured or suffering. It would be sheer hell for me. She survived for fifteen years with that feeding tube as her life support. Though, I agree to letting her go now.

It saddens me that Terri's life was nothing but toggling material between liberal and conservative views. It was nothing to her tard husband who abandoned her and who probably put her there to begin with. It bothers me that they inserted and removed that feeding tube so many damn times. It bothers me when people say she suffered nothing because she was comatose. Her eyes were open.

She's still breathing, albeit fading. Her soul is still with us and who's choice is it to let it die? That was my question. Was that not the dilemma?

Pulling the feeding tube and allowing her to dehydrate to the point where all of her organs fail her, was just murder. And, in this instance, I wish they would inject her, post haste, with something feel good and lethal.

Just give her the goods and a nice ride out.
Fri 25/03/05 at 01:06
Regular
I agree, Celestine. Florida's laws to protect animals are more humane than what they're doing to that woman. What day of starvation is she on already, five? Six? They said it could take up to TWO WEEKS before she actually passes away. Animals at the humane society die faster. Suddenly, a death row execution seem like a more graceful way to die...
Fri 25/03/05 at 02:18
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think they should just finish her off now, although they say she does't feel pain why do they choose such a long way for her to die?

It doesn't make sense to see her body waste away over a 2 week period which will distress any family members she has more than her just dieing suddenly.

If i ever got like that i'd want to die, but i would want to so in some spectacular way like dropped in a volcano from a helicopter or something. (assuming i can't feel pain)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.