GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dealing with racist situations"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/03/05 at 17:08
Regular
": ("
[EDIT]
Sat 26/03/05 at 20:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kids have the idea.

Really young ones.

They see another person, and what do they respond to? Kindness and a pleasant attitude/envrionment.

F**king people.
Sat 26/03/05 at 20:09
Regular
Racism makes me laugh. The fact that people can get so offended by something so trivial just displays how infantile the human race still is.

Children, who are not old enough yet to be self conscious, have no concept of racial prejudice, certainly not in the way small minded adults do. It is parents who force these corrupt values onto children.
Fri 25/03/05 at 17:10
Regular
"bot"
"most of you know I'm black even though I've never told anyone I am"

that is the best statement ever.
Fri 25/03/05 at 17:09
Regular
"Captain to you."
Very_Metal wrote:
> it's very nice of your owners to let you play on the internet isn't
> it? ;P

:* )
Fri 25/03/05 at 17:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> I think most of you on here know i'm black (well mixed actually)
> although I haven't actually said I am before.

it's very nice of your owners to let you play on the internet isn't it? ;P
Fri 25/03/05 at 04:43
Regular
"8==="
A bit of 'run and gun' never hurt anyone.
Fri 25/03/05 at 01:52
Regular
"Captain to you."
or†ega wrote:
> stuff about a TV show from the 60's with racism in it.

Was a different time back then.

Although alot of racist things these days is used in humor and without meaning to offend, (stand up comics do it alot) and people take it that way.

But i think it's one of those things that isn't funny to some people, like joking about homosexuality.

I personally think it doesn't need to be said at all there is never really a need to bring race in to a conversation in a negative way.
Fri 25/03/05 at 01:10
Regular
was just watching "till death do us part" with alf garnett and some of the stuff he used to come up with are unbelievably racist!

like..."we done all dem coons a favour in africa! all they were doin were swingin around in the trees anyway"

And the audience cracks up listening to it!
Thu 24/03/05 at 18:05
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Fresh Prince of Bel-Air for example. To be honest though, I never
> really find any of the jokes offensive, I actually really like the
> show.

Yeah, I think the jokes are funny too, as I actually can relate to some, or know someone who can, but any joke like that about a black guy said by someone white would result in the death penalty if it was still around.

If you've seen "Down To Earth" with Martin Lawrence where he's a white guy, and he makes a joke about how black men have their own shopping mall, and white people go to theirs. Everyone of course scowls at him, but it's true, and yet, everyone would be in hysterics if he was black (the entire point of the scene).

Anwyay, enough.

*Stuff*
Thu 24/03/05 at 17:43
Regular
"kill my enemys"
Funniest programme ever.

EDIT-Fresh prince of bel air is what i was refering too due to the comment before the other posts. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.