GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't use T-mobile"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/03/05 at 19:59
Regular
Whether you heed this advice or not I don't care. I'm just planting seeds in the hope that at least some of them take root.

Their online service is crap - somehow they managed to delete my user account twice. I requested new username and password which didn't work.

The customer service is a joke. Need to get hold of them at weekend? Good luck, hope you like the T-mobile theme tune because you'll be hearing it looped into infinity.

I get sent a new 'upgrade' phone (Motorola E398), which turns out to be faulty. No bother, these things happen from time to time. I call them up and speak to a nice young chap who informs me it may be up to 30 days until I get it replaced. "I have no other phone", I explain. "Well, you should have kept your old handset in case", comes the reply. He then informs me packaging will be sent out so that I can return the phone.

A week later the package arrives, this is after I made a second call due to being desperate for a phone to use. Package has no return address on it. So I call to ask where it should be sent. I was told to use the address on the letter enclosed. "Greenock, Scotland?" I enquire. "Yes, that's the one."

Several days later I call to find out what is going on. "Oh, proper procedures were not followed, the package was sent to the wrong address, we cannot send a new handset til we receive the faulty one." "How long will this take?" "Up to 14 days."

What really riled me was that the squeaky voiced bint then tried to make out it was my fault for sending it to the wrong address. I'll probably have to pay full whack for this months line rental too, despite having no phone for half of it.

Net result : One cancelled contract.

I'm going to try 02 now instead.
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
i dont ever think contract phones are a good idea anyway, much prefer PAYG, more in charge of yo' money. althouhg i guess if yuo use the mobile loads for business or summat...
Thu 24/03/05 at 13:40
Regular
"..."
Totally agree with that. Lucy just got a threatening letter from T-Mobile threatening to take her to court over an unpaid bill of £40. If they check there records they will find that the very same bill was issued afer Lucy cancelled her contract and paid them a rip-off of a cancellation fee. Idiots.
Thu 24/03/05 at 11:48
"slightlyshortertagl"
I don't think I'll ever use T-Mobile, but I do have one of their sims to use that has 2,000 free texts on it...

First and last time I'll use T-Mobile. Probably.
Wed 23/03/05 at 22:14
Regular
I think they are all as bad as each other TBH.

Only had contracts with Vodafone and T-mobile in the past, and PAYG on Virgin. Never really had any problems.

Although i think its crap you have to write a letter to cancel your contract. I only started the contract over the net, so you should be able to cancel it on the net - especially after the initial 12 months are up.
Wed 23/03/05 at 21:49
Regular
"reveiw master"
i don't even no wot this is about
Wed 23/03/05 at 21:49
Regular
"reveiw master"
o2 o2 actually i ain't doin well to night so i am shutting up
Wed 23/03/05 at 21:46
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Tomoose wrote:
> I've had virginmobile for quite a while, seems pretty decent to me. 3p
> texts to other Virgin users and whatnot.

Thing is only 1 person on my address book has Virgin. I have 300 free texts a month now anyways so it hardly matters.
Wed 23/03/05 at 21:44
Regular
"Hello, Mr Freeman!"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> 3 being Orange?

3 as in three. Video mobiles!!!!!
Wed 23/03/05 at 20:47
"period drama"
RoJ wrote:
> All these
> >
> <
> ><
> <>
> Things annoy me.
> :(

Yeah, me too.
But I still use them ... for the same reason I use 'pwned' and '1337'
Wed 23/03/05 at 20:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
I've had virginmobile for quite a while, seems pretty decent to me. 3p texts to other Virgin users and whatnot. Hence the reason I want to get my new phone unlocked to carry on using it, plus the fact it has £20 credit on it. :P Never had any problems with them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.