GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The official Halo 2 whine-a-thon"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 15/11/04 at 17:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yeah okay, so it's probably the best single player game I've ever played in my whole damn life, but in the few hours I spent playing it with mates at the weekend I was a little let down by a few things. I mean, obviously it's still brilliant, and the inclusion of a re-tooled Blood Gulch makes my pipe hot, but why can't you customise your game type any more? Why can't you select to have infinite grenades? Or choose which vehicles to have on which level? Huh?

And why did it take so long to get online? Granted, it'll probably have been the busiest night ever on Xbox Live, but they should have been ready - I don't expect to have to wait 5 minutes for a game, and then have it last 6 minutes in a gametype I don't particularly want. The front end seemed a bit confuddling, with more menu screens than were really warranted, and it wouldn't let me play a proper custom game with guests on my Live account. Guh.

Still, I can see me caning this long, long into the future in both single and multiplayer, so don't take any of these gripes too personally, you weirdos.
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:54
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I said it was the greatest single player game I ever played, which is probably still just about true. And granted, it'll probably be one of my most played multiplayer games too, alongside Pro Evo. But it ain't the best game ever created. that's not what I said. It's very similar to the original, but I happened to love the original too, so it suits me fine. They could have ruined it, but didn't.

To be honest, it's the only Xbox game I've played in single player in the last 3 months or so. Didn't like Riddick, haven't started Silent Hill 4 yet and Spider-Man 2 got boring fast.
Thu 18/11/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy's Halo 2 whine:
Meh.

Wasn't hugely different to the 1st one to be honest.
Run/gun/run/gun/vehicle/gun/run/gun.
Enjoyed it, but it's not the greatest game ever created?!?!?!?!ohmygod!!!! as Snuggly seems to think.

Bless, easily pleased though.
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Might I just and to my last post here, the flood is not as annoying as they were in halo 1 in that you dont have to fight them none stop for 3 whole days. But and this is a BIG but, this time they have shields and seem to take more hits to kill or to take there arms off before they reach you.
Wed 17/11/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Gwizz wrote:
> I didnt like the flood coming back. At least they were not as annoying
> as in the original game thou.

its funny because on my single player game on my own xbox I'm only onto the second level but on coop on a mate in my halls's xbox we both saw the flood back and thought ah crap lol
Tue 16/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
I didnt like the flood coming back. At least they were not as annoying as in the original game thou.
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:38
Regular
"boom boom click"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> The New Mombasa levels were brilliant, just the ones with you and the
> Marines holding off territory with the Battle Rifle and the Sniper
> Rifle. It's like how Conflict Desert Storm should have been.
>
> * MILD SPOILER *
>
> Don't really think much of the Covenant levels though, the second one
> in particular. Bit too samey and reminiscent of the Library levels,
> endless corridor buffoonery.

i couldnt agree with you more!! i hated the covenant levels and ended up running through them but i cant stop replaying New Mombasa
Tue 16/11/04 at 12:04
Regular
Hmmm.

I don't see why everyone is complaining, however, I think MS/Bungie did hype the game up so much, people were expecting a lot out of it.

I'm quite pleased with this game, but I don't think it's a sequel, it's more of an 'improvement' to Halo with a few extra's added in.
Tue 16/11/04 at 06:37
Woohoo, Pro Evo!!!
Tue 16/11/04 at 01:47
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The New Mombasa levels were brilliant, just the ones with you and the Marines holding off territory with the Battle Rifle and the Sniper Rifle. It's like how Conflict Desert Storm should have been.

* MILD SPOILER *

Don't really think much of the Covenant levels though, the second one in particular. Bit too samey and reminiscent of the Library levels, endless corridor buffoonery.

Oh, and if someone could show me exactly how to alter gametypes for things like weapons and grenades (in particular the option to turn on infinite grenades like you could in the original) I'd be very happy. Still, the joy will only last until Friday. Why? That'd be Pro Evo 4 Friday.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
'The Single Player is too Short'

What a stupid whinge, I don't think its much shorter than the original, what you have to remember is that we have spent two years playing the original game, and by now most people are s^^t hot at it. No dying in vain trying to shoot hunters with plasma rifles etc, you've learned from your mistakes in the original.

Splinter cell 2 put me in the same frame of mind, totally different games, but as I was already conditioned the the original, I found it very easy to pick up, all the original moves are there plus some new ones to learn (which I didn't use much!). Another game completed in a couple of days.

Even though I love the game, I don't think I shall replay the single player as much in 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.