GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The official Halo 2 whine-a-thon"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 15/11/04 at 17:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yeah okay, so it's probably the best single player game I've ever played in my whole damn life, but in the few hours I spent playing it with mates at the weekend I was a little let down by a few things. I mean, obviously it's still brilliant, and the inclusion of a re-tooled Blood Gulch makes my pipe hot, but why can't you customise your game type any more? Why can't you select to have infinite grenades? Or choose which vehicles to have on which level? Huh?

And why did it take so long to get online? Granted, it'll probably have been the busiest night ever on Xbox Live, but they should have been ready - I don't expect to have to wait 5 minutes for a game, and then have it last 6 minutes in a gametype I don't particularly want. The front end seemed a bit confuddling, with more menu screens than were really warranted, and it wouldn't let me play a proper custom game with guests on my Live account. Guh.

Still, I can see me caning this long, long into the future in both single and multiplayer, so don't take any of these gripes too personally, you weirdos.
Mon 15/11/04 at 17:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yeah okay, so it's probably the best single player game I've ever played in my whole damn life, but in the few hours I spent playing it with mates at the weekend I was a little let down by a few things. I mean, obviously it's still brilliant, and the inclusion of a re-tooled Blood Gulch makes my pipe hot, but why can't you customise your game type any more? Why can't you select to have infinite grenades? Or choose which vehicles to have on which level? Huh?

And why did it take so long to get online? Granted, it'll probably have been the busiest night ever on Xbox Live, but they should have been ready - I don't expect to have to wait 5 minutes for a game, and then have it last 6 minutes in a gametype I don't particularly want. The front end seemed a bit confuddling, with more menu screens than were really warranted, and it wouldn't let me play a proper custom game with guests on my Live account. Guh.

Still, I can see me caning this long, long into the future in both single and multiplayer, so don't take any of these gripes too personally, you weirdos.
Mon 15/11/04 at 17:44
Regular
"\\"
Just completed it this very minute. The ending is well... very poor.

And the credits just reminded me to whine about how crap the music is. An electric guitar... Why?
Mon 15/11/04 at 17:46
I like the rock Halo music. Like just before the battle between Hunters and Brutes on the last but one level? That was cool.
Mon 15/11/04 at 17:49
Regular
Level design still ain't so great in single player.
Guns are way too big; makes four-way split-screen unbearable.
No bots.
Pretty much Halo with a few refinements.

If Live play wasn't so damn fun it wouldn't be hugely worthwhile.
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:01
Regular
You can customise Gametypes...
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:03
Regular
"hulagadoo"
ßulle†† wrote:
> You can customise Gametypes...

yep and what vehicles and weapons appear
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:19
Regular
The single player is the worst part.

You can't have played many games if you think it is the best around.
Mon 15/11/04 at 20:40
Regular
"boom boom click"
maybe you just whine alot cos i think single player rocks!
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Whitestripes X wrote:
> The single player is the worst part.
>
> You can't have played many games if you think it is the best around.

Wha...bu...hu...!?!??!? You dare question the authority of Senor Snuggly, Head Honcho of all things sacred and digital? Even SR towers wasn't big enough to hold him. I'd hate to be Canary Wharf right now.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
'The Single Player is too Short'

What a stupid whinge, I don't think its much shorter than the original, what you have to remember is that we have spent two years playing the original game, and by now most people are s^^t hot at it. No dying in vain trying to shoot hunters with plasma rifles etc, you've learned from your mistakes in the original.

Splinter cell 2 put me in the same frame of mind, totally different games, but as I was already conditioned the the original, I found it very easy to pick up, all the original moves are there plus some new ones to learn (which I didn't use much!). Another game completed in a couple of days.

Even though I love the game, I don't think I shall replay the single player as much in 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.