GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contact Lenses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/03/05 at 17:15
Regular
Hi there.

Recently, I decided to make a move to contact lenses after wearing glasses for 12-13 years of my life.

After my appointment on Saturday (where they checked if I was suitable and the optician shoved them in to see if I was OK) - I had another 'session' today to show me how to put them in/take them out.

Unfortuanatly the woman that dealt with me never really 'showed' me anything whatsoever she just gave me the lenses and kind of sat there watching me.

I was able to put them in OK (well, after a few tries), but taking them out was a real pain. The woman was no help either.

Eventually I had to get this optician guy to take them out for me and I have re-booked an appointment for tomorrow to try again.

Just wondering if any of you guys wear lenses and if you have any advice you could give me on taking them out/putting them in.

Cheers.
Wed 23/03/05 at 19:39
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Contact lenses freak me out.
Wed 23/03/05 at 00:42
Regular
Im conducting my preliminary studies now, I will get back to you within 28 days with all research and testing results.

Dr. Melvin BA Hons Eyes & Lasers Degree, Lithuania.
Wed 23/03/05 at 00:37
Regular
"you've got a beard"
gamesfreak wrote:
> I went back in today and was able to whip them out in no time

on behalf of everyone: hoho :)

Melvin - is there any research into the long term effects of that laser surgery?
i was considering it, but it's still so infant that there's no data regarding any effects further down the line.
Tue 22/03/05 at 19:38
Regular
"lets go back"
I find it harder putting them in than taking them out. They come out easy if you just pinch them.

Putting them in when your still half asleep and your eyes wont open properly is really hard sometimes so i tend to wear my glasses in the daytime then put my lenses in now and then if im going out somewhere special like a party.
Tue 22/03/05 at 17:35
Regular
Laser eye surgery.
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:30
Regular
Cheers for the replies people.

I went back in today and was able to whip them out in no time (seeing as I was being teached by an actual Optician instead of an opticians crappy assistant...)

So I was able to take them home :-)

Gonna put them in for a few hours.
Tue 22/03/05 at 14:46
Regular
"you've got a beard"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Hmmm thanks for these replies.
>
> Any tips on 'taking them out'?

seriously, put your finger on the lens, apply a bit of extra pressure (but not so much that you're jabbing yourself in the eye of course) and pull down. it'll fold over on the bottom eyelid and ping out. Or you can push it towards your nosse and it'll pop out in the corner of your eye.

certainly works for me.
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
It's all down to practice really. I ended up not having the patience and just started wearing glasses again.

Didn't they make you walk around outside in them for 10 minutes? My opticians did - I think they were sadists. Walking around, crying my eyes out, with everyone giving this strange hysterical woman a VERY wide berth :)
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:35
"possibly impossible"
Lenses are great.

I've had conjunctivitus twice since wearing them, red eyes every other month and several times I slept with them in.

That horrible feeling when you wake up with dry contact lenses in your eyes sends shivers down my spine...
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:34
Regular
"..."
pb wrote:
> Cong_Man wrote:
> I've never been able to master it myself. The wife takes them out.
>
> I bet she does...

:->

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.