GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPhone/iPod touch"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/10/09 at 11:38
Regular
Do we have any users? I would love an iPhone but my main reason for this is the iPod touch, pretty much because I can't afford an additional £200. However they're quite similar right?

So does anyone have any feedback for me? Where's the best place to get Mac stuff? Are there any cash back sites for Mac store?

I played around a lot with an iPhone while I was in Singapore. The apps were great. My main reason for wanting this is for my work. I think it would really make a difference.
Mon 12/10/09 at 08:46
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I have an iPhone and I can't say the battery is any worse than any other phone I have had before. Same with anything, if you use it alot the battery is going to get drained fairly sharpish.

Not had any experience with the Touch so can't speak too much about that but, from what I have seen, it's basically what I have but without the mic, 3G or phone includes.

Agree with Garin though, iTunes is pish but as I have to use it I'm coping :)
Mon 12/10/09 at 08:45
Regular
"THFC"
8GB is fine for me, i tend to rotate my music and never keep apps for too long. 30GB would be nice but i only had enough for an 8GB and i am not good at waiting lol
Mon 12/10/09 at 08:33
"possibly impossible"
Ah, yes. I'd love an iPod Touch but 8GB is really too small for me, I barely have room for my MP3s alone on an 8GB Sansa Fuze (great little MP3/MP4 player), but the 30GB is out of my price range at the moment.
Mon 12/10/09 at 08:00
Regular
"THFC"
I have a touch, i would have liked the iphone but contract was still running etc so i went with this option. I heard the downfall with the phone is your battery drains quick and so you find yourself without use of a phone because you played with the apps or music too much.

The Battery on the touch is ok from experience, my biggest annoyance with it, is the fact you have to have wi fi to go online, the iphone uses GPRS (or whatever it is called lol)

Like Garin said, they are toys essentially, but most gadgets are. I never regret the purchase i made and enjoy having it.
Mon 12/10/09 at 02:57
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
To be honest, my £40 pay as you go phone does most of that. :) But if you want an ipod (they're a great toy)...

Keep in mind that the ipod touch has no mic. The 32 & 64 gig models (3rd gen) come with earphones with a mic built in though. Slightly annoying given (as ever) the earphones themselves are crap so you're stuck with them if you want the mic.

If you're planning to travel soon, dont forget duty free! I bought a 2nd gen last december at the airport. And then coming back I missed my connection and spent 6 hours playing word warp on it. :P

My only annoyance with it really is with itunes. Its not the most user-friendly thing when it comes to syncing, especially if it encounters a problem.
Sun 11/10/09 at 17:45
Regular
Garin wrote:
> How is it going to help you with work?

I'm glad you ask that.

- I need a new mp3 to replace my small 2gb ipod shuffle-like mp3. I will have enough room for my webcomic podcasts, Japanese audio lessons and Japanese music which help with my pronounciation.

- Sometimes I get a great idea for a comic strip that I have to quickly write down before I forget it. Using the Voice Memos feature on the ipod touch will allow me to record my ideas without having to keep pieces of paper and pens scattered around the house.

- I use a lot of images for reference when I'm drawing. This limits me to working in the office where my laptop is. Being able to store images on my ipod touch would allow me to practice my life drawing anywhere I want.

- I don't have a watch, my last one broke the first day I was in Singapore so I've completely lost track of time. I believe the ipod touch can tell the time, which is perfect because I can't wait to have this app.

- I don't have an alarm clock anymore and have been getting up much later than I would like. I believe the ipod touch has an alarm clock.

- With the ipod touch I can surf the internet anywhere in the house (or singapore as its now one giant hotspot) without the need for this big laptop. Plus it would help me make sure that my site is mobile device friendly. It's the way of the future Garin, I can't believe I learnt WAP programming.

I could go on but I think you get the idea. The games are nice, but I would only ever use them at the airport to kill time. I want this to help me become more organised, not another way for me to waste time, which is where Things come in. I LOVE to make lists especially to do lists, but I'm not very good at sticking to them and keep leaving notes all over the place. I've heard good reviews of Things and I think it would really get me organised.

> I've bought several over the last year. Even allowing for
> cashbacks available from various retailers, ebay + patience has
> got me the best price each time.

Unfortunately I don't have time to spare and I think with Christmas coming up it's going to get worse. So I'm guessing apple store using a cashback site with 4% back? Better than nothing I suppose.

So is the ipod touch good Garin? You haven't experienced any problems or anything?
Sun 11/10/09 at 16:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
How is it going to help you with work?

I've bought several over the last year. Even allowing for cashbacks available from various retailers, ebay + patience has got me the best price each time.
Sun 11/10/09 at 11:38
Regular
Do we have any users? I would love an iPhone but my main reason for this is the iPod touch, pretty much because I can't afford an additional £200. However they're quite similar right?

So does anyone have any feedback for me? Where's the best place to get Mac stuff? Are there any cash back sites for Mac store?

I played around a lot with an iPhone while I was in Singapore. The apps were great. My main reason for wanting this is for my work. I think it would really make a difference.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.