GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator trilogy - which film is the best and why?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/03/05 at 12:12
Regular
"University student"
Hi, please help me with my dissertation! I am exploring the debates surrounding the growing use of Computer Generated Imagery in filmmaking. I need to know your views on the subject. When does CGI 'work' in a film and when does it not? Are modern actors under threat from computer generated created characters?
Which Terminator film do you prefer and why? Does Terminator 3 rely too much on the effects and forget about the imporatnce of the story? Any other views regarding computer generated images in films will be greatly appreciated!
Thu 31/03/05 at 19:38
Regular
"8==="
2 because of the intelligent reflective bits.

Everything else around it was superb, but it was the extra monologues that really took it above just being a good action movie.

I cried at the end too. :'(
Thu 31/03/05 at 19:29
Regular
The first one.

Terminator 2 was superb as an action blockbuster, but lacked the density and darkness of the original's plot. Edward Furlong's acting was also really irritating in places, though he proved himself in an excellent performance later on in American History X.

Rise of the Machines was just awful.
Thu 31/03/05 at 17:51
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I loved the first two films, hated the third. T2 edges it for me because of Edward Furlong, haha.
Thu 31/03/05 at 16:44
Regular
"I like beef"
T2. Why? Cos it's good. How precise am I?
Thu 31/03/05 at 16:19
Regular
T2 >>>>> T1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T3
Thu 31/03/05 at 16:13
Regular
"Excellent"
CHOICE:T2
REASON:It was the only good one
Tue 22/03/05 at 13:49
"possibly impossible"
T1
The plot line was the darkest of the 3, it had a gritty feeling that was probably helped by the lower budget. With no influence from the sponsors or placing soundtracks from famous artists at key points, the film was far more pure than the sequels.

You could argue that Arnie's acting wasn't as good, but in a way this helped his role as a machine.

T2
The film has more action, but is led far more by Hollywood and the need for publicising and merchandise. While the action sequences and sfx are far bigger than the first film, this detracts from the impending nightmare scenario of the future and the clostraphobic feel. It also tries for a few laughs from the big A himself, which sit uncomfortably with the general feel of the film.

T3
While some loose ends are tied up, the film disappears even further down the Hollywood route, with a much thinner plotline. The film eventually caters for the lowest common factor of cinema viewers so that it can get enough bums on seats at the cinema. By now, all feeling of gritty, edgy appocalypse has disappeared.
Mon 21/03/05 at 18:00
Regular
"The definitive tag"
T2 was easily the best. The opening forty or so minutes were cinematic perfection. The chase through the storm drain was unforgettable.
Mon 21/03/05 at 16:28
Regular
"lets go back"
T1 was the best

Michael Biehn = a ledgend
Mon 21/03/05 at 15:27
Regular
T2 was the best.

Robert Patrick = a legend

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.