GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband - New central pipe..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/06 at 16:47
Regular
Hi,
I've read elsewhere that Entanet are currently commissioning a 3rd central (622mb) pipe.

For a while now I've had to re-boot my router quite frequently to re-establish normal connection speeds. When my connection 'goes slow' my Netgear router reports very high "noise margins". The only way to clear this is to re-boot the router. To start with I started to suspect possible problems with my router, but after lots of poking about it's starting to look as if this situation could be caused by ongoing network problems?

I haven't seen any mention of related issues on the Freeola Network Status page but thought it would be worth asking here in case capacity problems and other "latency" issues are connected to my problems.
If this is related am I right to hope this "3rd pipe" will ease the situation?

Any additional info would be much appreciated to save me spending more time messing with my router firmware etc.!

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps I should add that today there hasn't been any problems and my connection is great (kiss-of-death).
Sat 02/12/06 at 17:51
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
We would usually get this on our Network Status page however, we are not entirely sure how many people this is effecting, and or if it is a major issue yet. Until we get some further information about this it's only been a few people reporting issues.

Again I apologise for any problems, and will let you know as soon as we hear anything new.
Sat 02/12/06 at 17:44
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> Hi GWD,
>
> Yes, at the moment we are having a few customers being effected
> by this same issue. Either being in sync (showing as connected)
> but unable to do anything on the web. It may sometimes then
> start up at random or may need to have your router reset a
> couple of times. We have been advised that disconnecting your
> modem/router a few times will try and connect you directly onto
> the server that is less busy than the other.
>
> Certainly when the new pipe has been installed, we are hoping
> that this will ease a lot of the speed and latency issues that
> have been going around recently.
>
> This is something we are looking into with our partners, and
> will hopefully have some news or an update shortly on this
> matter.
>
> Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing anyone on our
> ADSL connections.

Thanks for that Vexxxed.

NB. As this seems to be a known problem then I would have appreciated some information a bit earlier on this - it would have saved me a lot of time and frustration. I must say I would have liked to see this sort of information on your status pages rather than find it elsewhere. Hopefully this is something you can feedback.

Please update this thread with any new information you may have when it comes available.
Sat 02/12/06 at 17:28
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Hi GWD,

Yes, at the moment we are having a few customers being effected by this same issue. Either being in sync (showing as connected) but unable to do anything on the web. It may sometimes then start up at random or may need to have your router reset a couple of times. We have been advised that disconnecting your modem/router a few times will then try to re-connect you directly onto the server that is less busy than the other.

Certainly when the new pipe has been installed, we are hoping that this will ease a lot of the speed and latency issues that have been going around recently.

This is something we are looking into with our partners, and will hopefully have some news or an update shortly on this matter.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing anyone on our ADSL connections.
Sat 02/12/06 at 16:47
Regular
Hi,
I've read elsewhere that Entanet are currently commissioning a 3rd central (622mb) pipe.

For a while now I've had to re-boot my router quite frequently to re-establish normal connection speeds. When my connection 'goes slow' my Netgear router reports very high "noise margins". The only way to clear this is to re-boot the router. To start with I started to suspect possible problems with my router, but after lots of poking about it's starting to look as if this situation could be caused by ongoing network problems?

I haven't seen any mention of related issues on the Freeola Network Status page but thought it would be worth asking here in case capacity problems and other "latency" issues are connected to my problems.
If this is related am I right to hope this "3rd pipe" will ease the situation?

Any additional info would be much appreciated to save me spending more time messing with my router firmware etc.!

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps I should add that today there hasn't been any problems and my connection is great (kiss-of-death).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.