GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS3..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/03/05 at 18:12
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Whether it'll be good or not, I know for sure that the first lot of units will have something wrong with them and break or something.

I hate Sony so much right now.

grrr...
Mon 21/03/05 at 00:17
Regular
"Ruddie1"
AfroJoe wrote:
>
>
> Apparently the PS3 and Xbox 2 could be as highly priced as
> £500, with games prices rising to £50 again.

I herd they might me releasing 3 different Xboxs?? A cheap one with no hard drive, An expensive one which is going to be like a PC and a middle priced machine?? Anyone else herd this or was it just nonsense? Its one way to make money i guess.
Mon 21/03/05 at 00:25
Regular
"8==="
Microsoft are likely to win.

Why?

"Hmmm there's something wrong here"

*MS throws money at problem until it is fixed/goes away*

"Hmm this thirdparty PS3/Revolution game is good"

*MS throws money at developer until they agree to bring the game over to the Xbox 2*

"This controller sucks"

*MS actually manage to bring out an alternative controller instead of sticking with a crap one*

It's not pretty, but you don't want to give MS a headstart because, as we know, once they're locked in to a market you aren't going to shift them.
Mon 21/03/05 at 00:32
Regular
"Ruddie1"
I have to admit no matter how bad the Xbox controller seems its made me hate my PS2 one. Why oh why is the D-pad in the way on the PS2 one? I so want to use the stick but its in the wrong place and is really uncomfortable. Ive really got to like the Xbox controller now. Is there any adaptor to use it on my PS2?
Mon 21/03/05 at 00:44
Regular
"8==="
I'd have bought a PS2 AGES ago if they'd just been smart and had a few conroller variations.

Unfortunately I had to try playing with what amounted to a PS1 pad with analogue sticks that were too close togeather and a D-pad that was too small for my thumb to when I tried to go dorward in a game I ended up going diagonally.

Not good. But ok for turnbased games.

Also the cube pad was pretty good but seemed a little light and wasn't the best for FPS games, sometimes it felt like holding a really small tea cup and having to put your pinkie in the handle.
Mon 21/03/05 at 00:50
Regular
"Ruddie1"
I like the Cube pad but how can they sell them for £20 when you can get a Cube with Mario Kart and Donkey congo for £65?? Just think how long the PS pad has been about? surely they have to do something about it! Whats the bets they use the same pad for the PS3 too!!
Mon 21/03/05 at 00:59
Regular
"8==="
That's fine by me aslong as they have an alternative controller design aswell.
Mon 21/03/05 at 01:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
Nah, I bet they'll use a new pad.

Sony aren't actually that stupid, you know. After all, they are one of the world's most recognised brands...
Mon 21/03/05 at 01:05
Regular
"Ruddie1"
All it really needs is the d-pad and stick swappin over and maybe better trigger buttons.
Mon 21/03/05 at 01:20
Regular
"8==="
Full-on gun-like triggers would probably make it my console of choice.
Mon 21/03/05 at 01:22
Regular
"8==="
Coin wrote:
> Nah, I bet they'll use a new pad.
>
> Sony aren't actually that stupid, you know. After all, they
> are one of the world's most recognised brands...

So are Microsoft, Ford and General Motors.

All have made horrendous mistakes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.