GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Review of the half life 2 related reviews"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"

Cmon. The box one is damn funny but the rest are a waste of time. Including this one. :D
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"

Cmon. The box one is damn funny but the rest are a waste of time. Including this one. :D
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's hard being a trendsetter, such responsibility for one so stupid.
But a mantle I am willing to assume.
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> It's hard being a trendsetter, such responsibility for one so stupid.
> But a mantle I am willing to assume.

Heh. I'm just bitter and tetchy as I want to get home. The girlfriend will be lucky to get two grunts of achknowledgement out of me tonight as I wolf down something to eat then "retire" upstairs.
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Your subscription to Half-Life 2 Retail Standard has not been completed, because Steam servers are currently unable to process the transaction.

You won't be able to play Half-Life 2 until the subscription process is complete. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. The Steam team is working to rectify this situation, and will notify you as soon as the transaction is complete."

....somebody is going to get a punch in the face if this won't play in an hour...grrrrrrrrrrrr
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> ....somebody is going to get a punch in the face if this won't play
> in an hour...grrrrrrrrrrrr

Suprise, suprise. Looks as if their servers couldn't handle the demand. I had a feeling this would happen. >:{
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Why?
Surely you would expect this was going to be a massive game and have the servers ready??
What an annoying bastid
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I have £20 in the world, and my PC is borderline anyway. That's right, I didn't even buy the game - I copied my review from another site.
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Working now.
Kudos to Steam for getting it so fast.
I'm going to play CS Source first to savour the nice graphics & physics before I enter Freeman's world.
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Why?
> Surely you would expect this was going to be a massive game and have
> the servers ready??
> What an annoying bastid

Might not be, but it certainly sounds like it.

Steam is appalling. I've never had so much trouble connecting to games even on a modem. SW : battlefront? Multiplayer -> join -> Click a server and off I go. Counter Strike? Took me 20 minutes to connect to a bunch of muppets saying thinks like "leet" and "R>
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:57
Regular
Is it an auto-update through Steam? I left my PC on this morning hoping it will auto update...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.