GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Review of the half life 2 related reviews"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"

Cmon. The box one is damn funny but the rest are a waste of time. Including this one. :D
Tue 16/11/04 at 17:04
Regular
"\\"
I played on CS source for five minutes, to see if it was any better than CS (cause i hated that game, i really did), and it was... Muchly... I can see myself wasting my life away on that game.
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im going to saviour it over the week, otherwise i'll have nothing to do.
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yep, that's pretty much what I did.
Hostage faces are awesome.
Right, last fag before game.

I'm torn between playing it non-stop and doing sticky love wee or savouring it over a number of days.
Hmmmm
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Actually I was the same.

Couldn't stand Counter Strike before, but CS: Source was like a whole new game, admittedly a game where I could shoot lots more things. PC's that can be shot to pieces, key's shot out of keyboards, even shooting guns across the room, then standing back and seeing the destruction when a well placed grenade goes off.

If you go online, occasionally you'll see some really nifty effects, such as the way clouds of smoke flash when somebody starts shooting inside one of them.

A bit pointless though, as Half Life 2 lets you do a hell of lot more with it's physics.
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ok I may be way behind you lot, but playing CS Source by myself just testing physics and shooting everything is fantastic.
Different sounds according to what surface you hit, using filing cabinets as cover and deciding to push them over and run away.
Shooting hostages because I can.

Fag, cuppa then HL2 for an hour.
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Can't update CS because "Steam is Busy"
Thanks! I only paid £30 for your software and waited 3hrs to get it working.
After paying £30!

Still, the options screen for HL2 is fantastic, watched the soldier wandering about for ages.

**edit**
Seems to give me the receipt for registering every time I log into Steam as well. Still ironing out the system eh?
If it gives me grief with the offline playing, I'm taking it back and ramming up the shop's peachdrain.
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
lcarus wrote:
> Yeah, they're using the excuse, along with their fanboys, that
> "If you have a high enough spec to play Half Life 2, you can
> afford a broadband connection anyway". Damn oafs.

Yeah, an a month ago they were going on how the engine will run on lower spec machine so the majority of pc owners will be able to experience it.

I really, really hope that this debacle turns around and bites them in the ass. With lies about deadlines and disregard for the customer base (Valve have always said they "are about the fans, they are the ones who pay the mortgage") I've got a really bad impression of them now.

Id and the lesser know independents (pomPom for example) are still the companies that care for gamers.
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:39
Regular
It isn't always a case that you can't afford, sometimes you just don't use it enough.
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:37
Regular
Well I've unlocked the game now a brilliantly short wait for it to update.. heh
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:25
Yeah, they're using the excuse, along with their fanboys, that "If you have a high enough spec to play Half Life 2, you can afford a broadband connection anyway". Damn oafs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.