GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Office - US Version"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Office/[/URL]

Watch the clips. Oh dear oh dear.
Brent has gone from being an agonisingly unaware person into a sqwauking, zany comedian.
Except he's not called Brent. He's Michael Scott. And Tim is Jim and Dawn is Pam. Oh, and Gareth is Dwight.
It's just typical YEAH!WOW!COOL! American overacting instead of being a window into your life and my life.
Wed 16/03/05 at 10:34
Regular
That Pam person is annoying.
Wed 16/03/05 at 10:58
Regular
This is gonna be on BBC3 isn't it?

Godawful it will be. Gervais actually reckons people are gonna enjoy it.....why?
Wed 16/03/05 at 11:15
He's been paid to say that. Or, most probably, his pay is related to audience figures, so he has to do his best to hype it up.
Wed 16/03/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I remember when there was talk of a possible US remake of One Foot in the Grave, with none other than Bill Cosby in the role of Victor Meldrew. I don't think it ever happened though.
Wed 16/03/05 at 17:35
"period drama"
It was bound to turn out like that, though. Bloody rubbish Americans.
They have no grasp of subtlety, and all the characters must be 1-dimentional.

rargh
Wed 16/03/05 at 18:47
Regular
Bejam wrote:
> I remember when there was talk of a possible US remake of One Foot in
> the Grave, with none other than Bill Cosby in the role of Victor
> Meldrew. I don't think it ever happened though.

I'd have watched that, Bill Cosby is a legend.
Wed 16/03/05 at 20:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hardly surprising i suspected as soon as i heard the idea that it'd be a ton of crap as that horrible memory of the American Red Dwarf is still painfully etched in my memory.
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:39
Regular
"That's right!"
Or the American "Men Behaving Badly" which Rob Schneider himself hated (he wasn't even sure which one he was meant to be - Gary or Tony)

So does this new version have any new jokes? Surely it won't be funny as they've aired both series over there anyway...
Wed 16/03/05 at 22:55
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
To be fair to the Americans:

Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Scrubs
The Simpsons

But yes, this doesn't look too great.
Thu 17/03/05 at 00:43
Regular
Lest we forget Family Guy and Futurama.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.