GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Office - US Version"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Office/[/URL]

Watch the clips. Oh dear oh dear.
Brent has gone from being an agonisingly unaware person into a sqwauking, zany comedian.
Except he's not called Brent. He's Michael Scott. And Tim is Jim and Dawn is Pam. Oh, and Gareth is Dwight.
It's just typical YEAH!WOW!COOL! American overacting instead of being a window into your life and my life.
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Office/[/URL]

Watch the clips. Oh dear oh dear.
Brent has gone from being an agonisingly unaware person into a sqwauking, zany comedian.
Except he's not called Brent. He's Michael Scott. And Tim is Jim and Dawn is Pam. Oh, and Gareth is Dwight.
It's just typical YEAH!WOW!COOL! American overacting instead of being a window into your life and my life.
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Crap
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:31
Regular
"\\"
That's worse than the British version... And that was terrible.
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
A complete mockery of a superb programme. Americans can't seem to grasp this kind of humour so it comes across as forced. Watch the remake of the stapler in jelly, its about 1/1000000000 as funny as the original.
Wed 16/03/05 at 02:32
Regular
Why copy something? Why not just stick with the original, Ricky got it right when he stuck with just two, but he should have also realised there was no point in doing a US version. If history has told us anything, it's that most US remakes of britcoms dont work or are not successful.
Wed 16/03/05 at 03:18
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
B.J. Novak also stars.
Wed 16/03/05 at 03:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
* Growls *
Personally what will annoy me is my mum (who hated the original) would like this, she didn't understand the UK version at all, now can you guess which country she's from, can you? I'll give you a clue it begins with A and ends with merica.
* Growls *
Wed 16/03/05 at 09:09
Regular
I've seen the full pilot, and it's almost a carbon copy. They changed Finchy's name to Packer, so the Brent character says "Hey Pac-Man!". Total rubbish.
Wed 16/03/05 at 10:26
Regular
I could actually taste the vomit.

Terrible.
Wed 16/03/05 at 10:30
Regular
"long time"
Oh dear oh dear!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.