GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Excuses excuses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/03/05 at 07:26
Regular
"cachoo"
Gimme your wildest excuses. Something you'd use, or have used before to try and get out of something, be it school/college/work/outing/anything.

:^)
Wed 16/03/05 at 02:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"I don't understand, can you help me."

That always worked. OK you look like a thicko but when you come out with straight A's for your GCSEs it all pays off!
Wed 16/03/05 at 02:21
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
> They need plenty of sunlight and water for starters.

I never really realised how much work was needed... But then, I do like to think of myself as a hands-on person, so I should be able to support them.

> Did your friend work in catering? If so, I'm wondering where Mighty
> Monkey worked..

It was in a theme park. We were actually catering assistants in the restaurants and bars and burger places and all, but we ended up doing lots of odd jobs too. Also, we always entered Stars in their Eyes, and we won last year as the Blues Brothers. I'll have to upload the video sometime, it's fantastically embarrassing.
Tue 15/03/05 at 23:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Another one I've used at a place of work. An ex-place of work, may I add.

"I had an emergency appointment at the doctors, they said my headaches could be caused by wrong glasses so I'm going up the opticians. I might not make it in today..." *switches on PSOne* "Come on Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2! You can get that million score!"
Tue 15/03/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man ----> Hell
Tue 15/03/05 at 23:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I told a teacher once that I couldn't do my homework because my parents were splitting up, and I was caught in the middle. Nine years later (I'm nearly 24), and I find out from my girlfriend's Aunt (who was a classroom assistant at the school) that my little lie spread through the staff room, and my school record noted that I had difficulties at home because of it.

The funniest thing is that my girlfriend knew through her Aunt that my parents had trouble back then, but tried to keep it a secret in case it upset me. She only found out it was all a lie when I was telling her naughty excuses I'd used at school...
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:37
Regular
"A Paladin with a PH"
'The bus was early' has worked on numerous occasions.
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:35
Regular
Jehovahs Witness.

Two of them.
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:06
"period drama"
A brothel.
Mighty Monkey never reveals his middle name.
Tue 15/03/05 at 22:04
Regular
"cachoo"
They need plenty of sunlight and water for starters.

Did your friend work in catering? If so, I'm wondering where Mighty Monkey worked..
Tue 15/03/05 at 21:55
Regular
Hurrah, I shall treat them well. Do they need feeding? How many times a day, and at what time?

Back to excuses, me and a friend used to pretend we were superheroes in work. He was Captain Catering and I was the Mighty Monkey.. a few times we've nearly given our identities away by hinting that perhaps we were late returning to work because we were righting wrongdoers.

I miss that place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.