" - Page 3"> " - Page 3">
GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS "
""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/03/05 at 17:43
"Dark FX"
Hey. For my media studies coursework, I've decided to construct a website with CSS. I understand external style sheets (to a certain degree). I just don't understand
and
tags. Where and what do i save the files as. Thanks
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:52
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:

ROB! He lives!! How's it going?

> http://www.w3school.com/
>
> CSS is difficult to pick up though, you're gonna have to put some
> effort in to this as we can't teach you how to do CSS by ourselves.

I'd suggest reading Eric Meyers book on CSS. Very good introduction for the novice. Another good way to learn...

Firefox + Edit CSS Extension (or WebDeveloper Toolbar) + Any website.

This allows you to fiddle with other peoples CSS on their websites and get a real time previewof the effects your changes have without affecting the actual site. Oh the fun you can have!;)

Focus on the CSS1 spec too for now and it's relevent hacks, CSS2 & 2.1 is a little more complicated and, unfortunatley, not very well supported (and by the looks of IE7, won't be for a long time!)

I want my p:first {} p>p{} and nested classess!!
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:42
"Dark FX"
I know, i appreciate all the help though. I've been researching it for months now but i guess I'm just gonna have to wait to get all my school work out the way and concentrate with a clearer mind
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.w3school.com/

CSS is difficult to pick up though, you're gonna have to put some effort in to this as we can't teach you how to do CSS by ourselves.
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:31
Regular
"NULL"
They're still different though - they may be used together, but they're not the same thing!

For example, your wife may use her car, but I wouldn't for one second suggested that your wife and her car are the same!

Hehe....
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:16
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> CSS and PHP are for totally different things!

Unless your getting into dynamically generated CSS using PHP!;)
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:05
"Dark FX"
Sorry. I'm so stupid >.<
Wed 16/03/05 at 21:00
Regular
"NULL"
CSS and PHP are for totally different things!
Wed 16/03/05 at 20:26
"Dark FX"
Does this SR website use CSS or does it use the PHP 'include()' function. I'm thinking about constructing one with a similar design
Wed 16/03/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Bicycle"
??

What does display:none do again?
Wed 16/03/05 at 16:09
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I have finally found the answer to all my CSS troubles...

* { display:none; }

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.