GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamweaver"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/03/05 at 14:42
Regular
Ok a bought myself Dreamweaver MX 2004 and find it really differant to Front Page and complicated! any tips? I have ordered a Book from E Bay
Sun 13/03/05 at 21:08
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Shelljed wrote:
> nope a think i have the real deal here, no need to ask any questions
> from him am sure its genuine.

Were you asked to activate it?
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:05
Regular
Now that we have that sorted .....I tried Free hand - its is a bit cumbersome I usually use Photoshop 7 and Image Ready for graphics and Free hand seems more akward? perhaps not may just be that I am not used to it?
Sun 13/03/05 at 19:00
Regular
"NULL"
Fair enough - as long as you're sure. Just trying to make sure you're not gonna get stung! Lol.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:59
Regular
nope a think i have the real deal here, no need to ask any questions from him am sure its genuine.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:54
Regular
"NULL"
You have to ask yourself why he is selling it so cheap if it is boxed and sealed. Reminds me of a spam scam where they offer cheap software boxed and sealed but the reason it's cheap is cos it was various backdoors coded into it which AV/anti-spyware programs won't detect.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:50
Regular
"NULL"
I just popped over to Amazon. You still can't get Studio MX 2004 for £160 can you? Can you? Oooh!!
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:50
Regular
Nimco wrote:
> Erm, I wouldn't be entirely confident about the validity of the
> software then. It retails at about £350 usually. Is it
> secondhand?
>
> Did you get all the packaging with it? Do you have a receipt?

Brand New in a sealed box with Certificate and I have a receipt I haggled with my man as I saw it on E Bay for about £170 but it has cold fussion 6 mine is 7 but it is a legit disk I have, I do have some useful friends
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:47
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Nimco wrote:
> Erm, I wouldn't be entirely confident about the validity of the
> software then. It retails at about £350 usually. Is it
> secondhand?
>
> Did you get all the packaging with it? Do you have a receipt?

DWMX04 @ £229

Though there is a student licence for StudioMX04 (has no support with it) for £240 but not allowed to use it for commercial applications.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:32
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hmmm... wrote:
> It looks like you did buy 'Studio' - can I ask how much you paid and
> from where ?

I'd be interested in that. I've got to buy a new licence of MX2004 Studio for my Mac (Stupid MM's dual platform licence is annoying!) and the lowest I've been quoted is: £650 (non Flash pro) which is what I paid for my last copy. Although I can run my current version on 2 seperate PC's, I'm not allowed to run it across 2 seperate platforms!:(

> Re. Fireworks - I have this and use it every day, Very happy with it!
> You do have to read the help files to get you started and then,
> before long it becomes second nature.

FWK's truly rocks for web based image manipulation. 2004 especially. There's still a few issues I have with it's code output, but for rapid prototyping, it does a really good job. Currently playing with dynamic text replacement on images.

For the rest of Studio, Freehand is evil compared to the might of Illustrator, really bulky UI and totally non intuative. Cold Fusion is OK, never had much use for it and it's only a cut down version and the J2REE licence it astronomical!

Don't use Flash much, not a huge fan of it, but it's nice to see they still package Homesite with the Studio which is a really powerful application on it's own.

As for getting to know your way around it. Ditch the WYSWIG approach. They've improved it a lot since MXStudio, but it's CSS handling is still ropey at best. Has a really nice ability as well to allow you to preview dynamic based output without having to run direct from the server which cuts development time down by half.
Sun 13/03/05 at 18:30
Regular
"NULL"
Erm, I wouldn't be entirely confident about the validity of the software then. It retails at about £350 usually. Is it secondhand?

Did you get all the packaging with it? Do you have a receipt?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.