GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xmas is looming ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/11/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
And I am allowed to get 3 games this year (along with other non game-related presents) but i'm having trouble choosing which ones.

Theres quite alot of sequels but seeing as I haven't played the first game of the sequel I dont know whether i'll like them or not.

So, can somebody help me choose the best games this Xmas by listing what would be your top 5 games to buy for Xmas. This excludes imports and games that come out after Xmas, they have to be out in the UK before Xmas.

Halo 2 is great but I haven't played it for a whole day (OMG!!) and dont really feel like playing it tonight so i'm sure it wont keep me entertained for long.

GTA San Andreas came out a month ago and even though I still like it I dont play it as often and I definately need a new game to play.

I'm thinking about a platformer, the last platformer I played was Crash Bandicoot on the Xbox which (suprisingly) was quite fun even though I completed it quickly. I want a pretty hard platformer, the new Ratchet and Clank looks good along with Jak 3 and a few others.

I dont really want Killzone so dont bother putting that in the list, it looks alright but I dont think i'll enjoy it. It's a shame they haven't released a new SSX or NBA Street because I love them games so much and if I got them both at Xmas i'd be so happy. This year seems boring, maybe i'm just being lazy and aren't searching around for games but there doesn't seem to be anything that i'm really exited about.

Quite a few games that I was looking forward to have been delayed like Splinter Cell, Doom 3, Half Life 2 etc. But there must be some good games coming out this Xmas, there always is.

Prince of Persia was okay when I got it but I got bored quite quickly so I dont really want the second installment.

If there isn't any decent games coming out that i'd like then I think i'll have to go for an older game that I haven't got and that everyone thinks is good.

So, if you could help me choose some games i'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmmm... Might consider picking up NFSU 1 if I can't find it cheap...
Mon 22/11/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I like the underground ones better because they still have the good driving feel that the normal NFS games did but they also have the customisation and decent storyline.

Oh and the really good light effects on the road.
Sun 21/11/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Bicycle"
Pssssh...

I like the original Need For Speed games on the PC, but the PS2 ones don't do nothin' for me.
Sun 21/11/04 at 14:07
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Because I liked NFSU1.
Sun 21/11/04 at 11:40
Regular
"Bicycle"
Why NFSU2?
Sun 21/11/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Nah, I think this is what i'll get :

- Ratchet and Clank 3

- Football Manager 2005

- NFSU2

I was gonna get Jak 3 but in the magasine they gave it a lower score than R&C because you have to do alot of riding in the Warthog type thing and it kinda looses it's platform feel.
Sun 21/11/04 at 10:12
Regular
"Bicycle"
Still want it?
Sun 21/11/04 at 10:09
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Talking of Goldeneye.

I got a magasine yesterday and they gave it 60%, they said it doesn't even have that "Bond feel" and it's too basic.
Sun 21/11/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh.

Please?
Sun 21/11/04 at 00:15
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I have the original... but... what was the other part of the question.

Not selling... ever

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.