GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is just wrong..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/03/05 at 13:07
Regular
[URL]http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13309409,00.html[/URL]

18 months? Please....
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:20
Regular
"serenity now!"
Your Honour wrote:
> And that's assuming they didn't
> know he couldn't swim.

That's a good point, it doesn't mention that in the article. Whether they did or didn't know that should make a massive difference, along with what they did after they had pushed him. Did they run off when they saw him struggling or did they ring 999/try and help? All important factors in deciding their intent and responsibility.
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:18
Regular
"long time"
I can see what your saying if it`s an accident eg car crash ..

But if they are old enough to be out on their own they they are old enough to know right from wrong ..
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Sweet Tooth wrote:
> When you take a life you should do life no matter what the age !
>
> But that`s just the way i think..

That's not really the right solution, there are always circumstances.

This seems like a bit of bullying gone wrong, and they didn't set out to murder him. But that doesn't excuse the fact that they did.
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:11
Regular
"long time"
When you take a life you should do life no matter what the age !

But that`s just the way i think..
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:11
Regular
smv wrote:
> Who has never pushed someone into a swimming pool for "fun"?
>

Pushing someone into a pool is a little diffrent from chucking someone off a bridge into a river. And that's assuming they didn't know he couldn't swim.

If they did know, then that sentence really does take make a mockery of the whole system.

I know that no length of sentence will bring the boy back, but just 18 months? Come off it...
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:06
Regular
"serenity now!"
But they wouldn't have been thinking about jail sentences when they were pushing him off the bridge, maybe just worrying that the kid's mum would find out and tell them off.

I'm sure it must be horrible for the kid's parents knowing their son's killers received just 18 months, but I'm sure these kids are feeling pretty low too right now. Something like that has got to be hard to live with.
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
smv wrote:
> What good would it have done anyone to lock them up for 20 years?

I always thought the idea of denying someone a public life for their crimes was meant to deter?
Fri 11/03/05 at 14:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was going to come back and say something like that. But the amount of time they'll spend in prison for the outcome of a childish prank is no consolation to the parents.

I still can't believe the two boys (now men) that murdered Jamie Bulger are free. If you ever read what they did to him, it was more than being a stupid teenager - they were doing it on purpose.
Fri 11/03/05 at 13:52
Regular
"serenity now!"
They were only 17 and I'm sure killing the lad wasn't on their minds when they pushed him. Who has never pushed someone into a swimming pool for "fun"?

What good would it have done anyone to lock them up for 20 years?
Fri 11/03/05 at 13:49
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That just sends the message that it's okay to kill someone - the punishment definitely does not fit the crime.

How can any court in the World come to that conclusion?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.