GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Idlewild"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/03/05 at 11:59
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Went to see them last night at HMV in Birmingham. Played an accoustic set then did a signing. They were brilliant and I was really impressed with their set list. I thought they'd just plug the new album, but they did When I Argue I See Shapes, American English, You Held The World and Little Discourage.

I was lucky enough to nab a set list as well of the nice sound engineer and got that signed by them all. I got Rob's plec as well, so all in all, was a good day :)

I got the album home last night, but weren't really in a state to listen to it, but I've listened to it a few times today and it's really good. Anyone else got it yet?
Fri 11/03/05 at 18:41
"Retarded List"
The Remote Part was great although I doubt I'll be buying the new album.
Fri 11/03/05 at 18:32
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I love this album. Welcome Home is a favourite of mine at the moment, closely follwed by El Capitan.

It is mostly acoustic, but there are some rock songs on there, I Want A Warning being a very good example.
Fri 11/03/05 at 18:05
Regular
"Catch it!"
Haven't heard Idlewild for ages are they still good?
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:58
I especially love "Scottish Fiction".
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:57
YOU'RE KIDDING ME! MOSTLY ACOUSTIC?!
Not good. I love it when they do proper rock. Mixed with accoustic, of course.
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:44
"period drama"
Almost all of it is acoustic, which does get a bit samey listening all the way through. But each track on its own is generally superb.
Fri 11/03/05 at 17:42
I ordered it...it came out on Monday...it's Friday and I don't have it. WHY?!
No, should be good. Was a tad disappointed with their new song, not sure it's as good as some of the stuff off of Remote Part especially. But I'm really looking forward to it.
Oh, they've got a tour on. Is anyone apart from me going to see them?
Fri 11/03/05 at 16:20
"period drama"
Got it today. Most excellent.
But, then ... this is Idlewild ... I wouldn't expect any less.
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:16
Regular
"serenity now!"
Might try and get of this, liked The Remote Part and 100 Broken Windows. I wonder if they've tried to make their songs rhyme this time?
Thu 10/03/05 at 19:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I may have to go out on Saturday and blow like £30 on the Idlewild album and the rest on Polarium.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.