GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can see!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/03/05 at 19:25
"period drama"
Woo ... I got some glasses.
I didn't realise quite how utterly terrible my long-distance vision was until I wore them around for a bit. And I've been learning to drive for about 6 months, only beeing able to read stuff when it's 3 foot away.

They're squareish, rimless ones - rather posh.
I look at once about 20 years older in them, and somewhat more intelligent (or do I ... I'll bet that's just through endless years of droll media sterotypes ramming expectations into my poor, fragile mind. Goddamn facists.)

I did actually wear glasses when I was about 5 ... what terrible memories.
I had to do eye-patch test thingies to improve my focusing - and was only ever allowed to play Duck Hunt to do so. Mario would have done the job, I know he would've.
Goddamn facists parents.

And ... er ... I got 2 cleaning cloths instead of 1.
pwned.

I just spent the whole journey home taking them on and off and reading stuff. It was, like, the best thing ever.

yup
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:25
"period drama"
Woo ... I got some glasses.
I didn't realise quite how utterly terrible my long-distance vision was until I wore them around for a bit. And I've been learning to drive for about 6 months, only beeing able to read stuff when it's 3 foot away.

They're squareish, rimless ones - rather posh.
I look at once about 20 years older in them, and somewhat more intelligent (or do I ... I'll bet that's just through endless years of droll media sterotypes ramming expectations into my poor, fragile mind. Goddamn facists.)

I did actually wear glasses when I was about 5 ... what terrible memories.
I had to do eye-patch test thingies to improve my focusing - and was only ever allowed to play Duck Hunt to do so. Mario would have done the job, I know he would've.
Goddamn facists parents.

And ... er ... I got 2 cleaning cloths instead of 1.
pwned.

I just spent the whole journey home taking them on and off and reading stuff. It was, like, the best thing ever.

yup
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:27
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Did you go to Specksavers?
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:30
"period drama"
No, the masters of Vision Express.
I did actually get an eyetest at Spacksavers last summer, they said there was nothing wrong. Idiots.

Although they do employ the most beautiful women in the world, so I couldn't be mad for too long.
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I just spent the whole journey home taking them on and off and
> reading stuff. It was, like, the best thing ever.

Ha, that's what I did!

Although I never wear my glasses out of the house, that's what contacts are for! You'll love contacts even more than glasses. You can go anywhere and see perfectly, wooo!
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:47
Regular
"0228"
My old optician was brilliant. I think he was Russian and he looked like the sea captain from Tintin. [URL] http://tintin.eugraph.com/tqsect/wriquiz/quest/stick.jpg [/URL]

I couldn't help but laugh whenever he did the test with the lens that gets flipped over and you have to say which side is clearer, first or second. He'd stare at me in his evil Russian way as he did it and his accent as he said "First or Second?" was excellent.
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:50
"period drama"
I had a "hey hey! look at me! i'm a bit of a prankster! ohoho! so funny!" kind of fool.
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:53
Regular
"Remember me?"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And ... er ... I got 2 cleaning cloths instead of 1.
> pwned.

SCORE!!!
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
Take a photo - for me.
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:55
Regular
"0228"
I lost my cloth and my glasses case, I've been cleaning my glasses on my shirt for months now. I'm sure I'll make the 20 minute walk to the opticians one day.
Wed 09/03/05 at 19:57
Regular
"SOUP!"
Do you all wear glasses?

sexy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.