GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox for Sale"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/04 at 17:25
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Only serious buyers please.

I'm selling :

- An Xbox in it's original box and in very good condition.

- 1 official small controller.

- Halo 1 (in a CD Case, not an Xbox case).

- Midtown Madness 3 (in a CD Case, not an Xbox case).

- Halo 2 (Boxed, practically brand new, only got it a week ago).

- XIII (Boxed, hardly played it and in excellent condition).

- Rainbow Six 3 (Boxed, very good condition).

- Need For Speed Underground (Promo Disc but still the full game, comes in a CD case.

- Project Gotham Racing 2 (Boxed, good condition)

I think thats it. I'm not looking to sell it for alot but if your interested tell me on here and i'll give you my MSN Address.

I'd prefer Paypal, by the way.

Thanks.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Key; "So far"!

I'm only on the canal bit - which with the pistol and a linear crappy path, really sucks.

I love the rest of the game - the events, the way you teleported all over the place and that guy goes.....'I believe it was.......yes.....Gordon Freeman!' etc.

The section where Barney, Proff and Alyx were chatting in the lab, and moved so realisticly and with such real human warmth had me in fits of delight.

Sweet as f**k, really. But I still play Halo 2 (NOT detracting from HL2 at all btw).
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:53
Regular
"Touched!"
I haven't had ANY sort of hype for HL2. I've just sat by and waited for it and I love it, fantastic single player game and the best one I've played in bloody ages.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:51
Regular
"\\"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Yes, that was my point.
>
> Halo 2 has received its greatest praises for LIVE, Half Life 2 is
> solely single player, hard to compare them on their scores alone.

True. But I've found HL2 single player far better than all of Halo 2. So I still don't see where they are coming from.

They should probably review CS Source as part HL2...
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:49
Regular
Yes, that was my point.

Halo 2 has received its greatest praises for LIVE, Half Life 2 is solely single player, hard to compare them on their scores alone.

Oh and how can you say the shooting is average? The physics make it so amazing to play. The weapons are the mutts.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:45
Regular
"\\"
There is only a single player

*ahem*
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The shooting bits are average so far, to be honest......really.

The characters and interaction are fantastic - the people/facial expressions/animations etc are amazing.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:42
Regular
The sound bugs should be fixed. Not going back to it until they do.

From the first 2 hours I have played so far it is unbelievably good.

Gamespot are way off even if it is solely based on the single player.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:37
Regular
"\\"
There's no way HL2 deserves anything less than about 9.6. There's a few points of freezing and sounds problems, and of course the terrible story, but the first couple will be rectified with a patch (probably), and nobody needs a story when a game is that good :D
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:37
Regular
From a technical point of view, yes.

I thought Halo 2 would play a hell of a lot better than it does.
Thu 18/11/04 at 23:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
True, but I've always felt there's no point - for the reasons I've stated already......

I've just been reading reviews of games on Gamespot - GTA: SA, Halo 2 and HL2 - 9.6, 9.4, and 9.2 respectively.

They all seem to bear the same criticisms from GS point of view - poor story etc, and yet SA beats HL2..........how?!

Reverse the 9.2 and 9.6 scores and you get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.