GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want a PS2 but is it worth 300 quid?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/05/01 at 20:25
Regular
I have wanted a PS2 ever sinse my m8 got one and I layed eyes on it`s amazing graphics! But then the price is 300 quid and I just want to know if I should get one yet or wait for the price to drop?
Wed 23/05/01 at 08:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
But I dont want to cheat. Its just that I know how to get Professional Diffculty on Arcade mode of GT3. Its just a few button places on the right screen and there is a hidden difficulty. From what I gather its very hard indeed. It better be in the English version of the game.
Wed 23/05/01 at 07:43
Regular
For the best cheats use a cheat cartridge like Action Replay 2
Tue 22/05/01 at 21:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I try my best. I love computers and games so I know things about them. Aswell as every other person on these forums, as that why we are here. Its nice to know that people like what I post e.t.c. And now I have become a regular. On a different matter I wonder if SR will post my GT3 cheats. Even though the game isnt over here yet there are some cheats for it.
Tue 22/05/01 at 20:53
"High polygon count"
Oh yes, I remember him now.

Even looking at the the first reply to the original post, you can get a good idea of the type of person he is/was.

Oh well... no tears from me!
Tue 22/05/01 at 20:43
Regular
Not a problem. You have many good ideas, and a large amount of knowledge. You were trynig to help, and he shoved it right back in your face. I tried to be nice to him as well to calm him down, but I guess it didn`t work as he has been banned.
Tue 22/05/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Oops - Timone has been banned. What did he do?

I did have this whole big long mesage that I wrote took me over 20 mins to write. But the internet got disconnected, which I didnt know. I tried to post but it came up with the blank screen so the message was lost.

I think he was band as he swore quite a few times at a few people and he told me a few time I was a [Insert a Swearword]. The posts with swear words have been removed all together. He wasnt acting in the way you should when trying to fit into a new message board where everyone knows everyone else. I think he wanted to fit in so tried to post obscene posts. Any way I wont miss him as he wasnt very nice to me. He even posted that he hated me. But ssxpro stood up for me and said kind words. Thanx ssxpro :)
Tue 22/05/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
FF10 is out July 19th. But to get it you will need to live near the Pacific ocean. In other words Japan.

I know that the PS2 does enhance PS1 game. Know that good as I havent really noticed the difference at all. I think the load times can come down a little. And the graphics smoothed out a little. You need to set it up in the options on the main PS2. Also the options dont stay, they arent even saved onto the memory card even though it has the set up file on there(My memory card has a system file of 5kb). So every time you reset the console you will need to set these options again.
Tue 22/05/01 at 19:56
"High polygon count"
Oops - Timone has been banned. What did he do?
Tue 22/05/01 at 19:45
Regular
residentevilfan wrote:
> DVD player (amazing)
CD player (amazing quality and digital
> out)
PSone (enhances them too)
Ps2 cd games (pretty damn
> good)
Ps2 DVD games (Whoa Nelly)

well worth the money but a
> rumor of a price cut later in the year is around but not for about 7
> months so i highly recommend it.don't think i've got one and am just
> saying it.I own a dreamcast too which are going for
> £95.

get em both haha

bit biased arent you i got a PS2 in march the DVD player is good (but dont know any difference)
havent tried a CD just use CD player!
but it DOES NOT ENHANCE ps1 games which make me wonder whether you actually have a PS2
Tue 22/05/01 at 19:36
Regular
ssxpro wrote:

>I thought it was down for an Autumn release.

That'll probably be the release date for America. I also dont think that there will be a big gap between the launch of xbox and FFX (for PS2) release date in the UK.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.