GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/03/05 at 12:03
Regular
"long time"
Is going on today!
A lot of spammers and people seem to have lost their heads...

*sighs*
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:27
Regular
Cong Man wrote:
"I remember a few years back, listening to the Top 40 and hearing The Prodigy's "Smack my ***** up" censores, but straight after a Meredith Brooks song using the exact same word was uncut..."

That's a very good point..

It's probably to do with context. If a woman calls herself a dog in relation to everything else she also is, as opposed to a man calling a woman a dog in the context of er, wanting to smack her around, maybe it's more acceptable.

Only way I can see it anyway. Context over words, but it's hardly much more offensive.
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:21
Regular
Oh well, I thought it would be more exciting than that. How naughty.
Regular
"..."
It Is Not You Its Me wrote:
> Cong Man wrote:
> *Sings* "It's only words..."
>
> If that was true he would not have been banned would he????

Well, the moderators wouldn't agree with me...but I'm personally of the opinion that nothing anyone can write on a chat forum can truly be insulting. For an insult to have any effect at all on me, it would have to come from someone who knows me, if it comes from anyone who doesn't know me, then I'll put it down to the fact that it's because they don't know me and people can't really be blamed for their own ignorance.

I'm not insulted by swearwords at all because they are just that, words, a little bit of black on white, sure thy can be used in an insulting context, but again, you're getting back to my above statement and also a very grey area, where you have to wonder who is setting the level of tolerance. This is something the music Industry obviously understands, as I remember a few years back, listening to the Top 40 and hearing The Prodigy's "Smack my ***** up" censores, but straight after a Meredith Brooks song using the exact same word was uncut...
Regular
It Is Not You Its Me wrote:
> Cong Man wrote:
> *Sings* "It's only words..."
>
> If that was true he would not have been banned would he????

It's only because someone couldn't take a joke that he got banned.
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:18
Regular
"long time"
Im sure he will return!
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:15
Regular
"..."
*Sings* "It's only words..."
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:13
Regular
"I'm gonna mother slit your Mother throat"

etc.

Him, Nash and FFF were just having a little mess around with It's not you it's me, but he couldn't take it.
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:12
Regular
"long time"
ßulle†† wrote:
> He was basically being himself. Nothing you wouldn't expect from
> Merm.
>
> Except for the swearing. the whole lot of it.
>
> Still shouldn't have been outright banned though :'{

Do you noy have to have a warning first?

Or did he have that already?
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:10
Regular
Still utterly confused. Can it not be described on fear of death or something? :)
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:07
Regular
He was basically being himself. Nothing you wouldn't expect from Merm.

Except for the swearing. the whole lot of it.

Still shouldn't have been outright banned though :'{

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.