GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Match of the day - RIP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/05/01 at 12:28
Regular
MOTD came to an end on Saturday - at least for the next three years. Now let's watch ITV make a complete pig's ear of what was a good show.
Thu 24/05/01 at 16:57
Ah well! Gary was the only sensible one, with Mick McCarthy showing up on Grandstand and Mark Lawrenson I couldn't bear it! No really, they did annoy me but I think Alan Hansen and Trev were superb, now it seems as though Division one's going to get a whole lot popular! And so is the FA cup...
Wed 23/05/01 at 18:07
Yep. There 'panel' is also like something out of The Muppet Show (Barnes, Venison, Townsend etc).
Wed 23/05/01 at 17:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Has anyone noticed the biased ITV commentators, and their appalling love of Man U?

ITV are rubbish!
Wed 23/05/01 at 17:55
Terry S wrote:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Bring back that glory glory NIGHT.
Wed 23/05/01 at 17:53
COME ON YOU SPURS!!!
Wed 23/05/01 at 17:48
By the time Tottenham beat Arsenal again I reckon MOTD will be back on the BBC. The gulf between the two North Londoners has never been bigger since the days when Tottenham were languishing in the old Division 2.
Wed 23/05/01 at 17:20
no10 wrote:
> MOTD came to an end on Saturday - at least for the next three years.
> Now let's watch ITV make a complete pig's ear of what was a good
> show.

And how apt that the final programme should see a thorough kicking for the champions.

Granted it won't be quite the same without the Match of the Day theme, heralding the arrival of the only real football action to grace the terrestrial box for the week. But in all honesty the number one reason for watching any highlights programme is to see the days goals not to listen to Gary Lineker et al dribble on for two minutes between match highlights. ITV will be showing the goals and that is the important thing there will still be analysis of the days football just from different presenters. Besides that the adverts will be a good time to get up visit the toilet and grab a fresh beer from the fridge without missing The screaming Gary McAllister Free-kick or Tottenham beat the Arsenal or Alex Ferguson (or whoever is doing his job next season) whining about how any team can be expected to win a game with only 37 minutes of time added on for stoppages. The point is to enjoy the game for the goals not for the selection of ageing pundits that draw circles around the player to watch and explain how "for them the second goal should never have been allowed".
Wed 23/05/01 at 16:38
Pmac - your intellect amazes me. Must be the quality of education you get up north. If you had constipation you'd be speechless.

bye.
Wed 23/05/01 at 16:33
no10 wrote:
> MOTD came to an end on Saturday - at least for the next three years.
> Now let's watch ITV make a complete pig's ear of what was a good
> show.

please be quiet helmet head and reflect on a season of winning o, zero, nothing, zilch,nowt etc etc etc etc

oh and dont bother with the Boro thing as my expectations were not as yours were

bye
Tue 22/05/01 at 16:55
Regular
"Great Scott's"
ITV is going to be very rubbish! With Des (I get paid more by ITV than BBC ever did), Bob (Too Old) Wilson, Terry (I get paid more than all of you) Venables!
We are going to lose Gary (I am better than Des) Lineker, Ruud (Sexy Football) Gullit, Alan (I know everything about Football), Mark (I am very bored) Lawenson.
Also they are changing the time to 6.30pm on Saturday this is very stupid, people are at the pub or still travelling home so they will not get many viewers.
I think i will wait until it is on sky sports 1 on Sunday Morning and not watch the ITV Production.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.