GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic in Smash Bros Melee?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/05/01 at 00:49
Regular
Maybe I shouldn't be telling you this, maybe I should, but apparently one of the characters in Smash Bros Melee is Sonic the Hedgehog, news has it one of the first deals Nintendo worked apon with Sega was the use of there character in the new game, maybe he is a boss, maybe he is the best chacracter, who knows, lets just hope ts true....

...and also Mario can do the Raguki move which he used so much in Mario Bros 3, when he can turn into a statue and not be moved nor harmed....

...also there will be these characters that date from the NES era, and they are getting touched up and chucked in...

...so in conclusion, I am going to pick Smash Bros Melee as my gameaday.

That is all I have heard.
er-no
Wed 23/05/01 at 21:40
Regular
Whoops sorry about that triple post! My modem mucked up.
Wed 23/05/01 at 21:39
Regular
Grix it was actually made!

It connected to the Super NES using the Ext. Port at the bottom of it (The NES and N64 both have this port too, and the NES one was used in America for floppy disks, not sure about UK though and the N64 would've been used with the DD)
Regular

It connected to the Super NES using the Ext. Port at the bottom of it (The NES and N64 both have this port too, and the NES one was used in America for floppy disks, not sure about UK though and the N64 would've been used with the DD)
Regular

Wed 23/05/01 at 20:51
Regular
Edgy wrote:

"And I have seen a picture of it connected to the SNES!"

What, selotaped?

Kidding. :0)

I know there is a sketch of how the Nintendo cd console would have looked, but that's about it... what else is there?
Wed 23/05/01 at 20:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Edgy wrote:

There's
> always the possibilty! Remember Nintendo actually made the original
> design of their main competitor in the last round! (Playstation) And
> I have seen a picture of it connected to the SNES!

Ah yes! EDGE magazine had the original pic of the Playstation.. it was identical to the SNES but with a CD drive. Then they claimed it was the PS2.... how many people must have been fooled... until the read to the end of the editorial that saids it was a joke!

Sonic
Mon 21/05/01 at 22:13
Regular

Unfortuately, just because my
> friend Mr. Naka and Sega as a whole are working on Nintendo
> hardware, they won't work on games with nintendo. Nice idea
> though.

Sonic

There's always the possibilty! Remember Nintendo actually made the original design of their main competitor in the last round! (Playstation) And I have seen a picture of it connected to the SNES!
Mon 21/05/01 at 21:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I too wish to use my sonic spin attack on that stupid fat red plumber who causes me so much trouble in the sales charts! Then I can make people see what a stupid idea he is for a game! Run around (slowly) with the plumber... or spin and jump with me... the slickest hedgehog in the business!

Unfortuately, just because my friend Mr. Naka and Sega as a whole are working on Nintendo hardware, they won't work on games with nintendo. Nice idea though.

Sonic
Mon 21/05/01 at 21:51
Regular
I'm a Smash Brothers master. I could beat all of you with the big ape!

For those of you who have the game, be impressed with my 1,360,000 score on the single player mode.

As for Melee, it's the one game I bothered downloading a demo for.

DK and Bowser smashing everything in sight and then facing each other in a girly slapping fight!

I claimed Melee for Gameaday but for some reason, the Gameaday sight hasn't acnowledged it yet. I'll try emailing them again soon.
Mon 21/05/01 at 21:02
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Believe me er-no. When I say little, that means it's good.

I just
> can't see Mario and Sonic in the same game, however hard I try.

You do know that the Sega & Nintendo game 'The dream come true' will have them both. Also that SEga is now a 3rd party deveploper for Nintendo, Microsoft and sony

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.