GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"audioscrobbler: a cool thing to join"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/02/05 at 00:13
Regular
"relocated"
[URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com[/URL]

Download a plugin for your favourite mp3 player, and audioscrobbler keeps a record of all the songs you play EVER on its website. This is good because it lets you know how cool your taste actually is, as opposed to how cool you think it is, by generating weekly and all-time charts. This is my page: [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/unknownkernel/[/URL] I've been doing it for ages and the most I've ever listened to a song is 7 times. Surprising. And my favourite song is apparently M'Gell by Ultrakurt, which I've never heard of but turns out to be a song on a mix CD I have.

Anyway, the coolest thing is that everything is linked. Click on a song in your profile and you get a list of other people who love that tune, or listen to it a lot because they really hate it. Click on an artist and you get a list of their most popular songs. Click on a user and you see all their fave tunes, plus what they're listening to RIGHT NOW. Woo! You can also get reccommendations based on what you listen to - like amazon except that it works, and throws up things you've never heard of.

And and and you can make your own groups, and I have very cleverly made a special reserve one for you to join [URL]http://www.audioscrobbler.com/group/Special%2BReserve[/URL] Groups with 10 or more members get weekly charts, so Special Reserve would have its very own number one.

So, yes, you should all join.
Page:
Wed 06/04/05 at 04:30
Regular
"cachoo"
Weird. It doesn't really feel like I've listened to that many songs!
Wed 06/04/05 at 02:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> My Audioscrobbler's broken. Played about 30/40ish songs since 10pm
> and it's gone up 200..

It will be registering songs you played earlier.
Wed 06/04/05 at 02:17
Regular
"cachoo"
It's not nowhere. We just have rubbish shops.

My Audioscrobbler's broken. Played about 30/40ish songs since 10pm and it's gone up 200..
Wed 06/04/05 at 02:09
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> Muh?! I got Astral Weeks and Tapestry full price!
> I need a little bargain guidance.

Thats what you get for living in the middle of nowhere.
Wed 06/04/05 at 02:08
Regular
"cachoo"
Muh?! I got Astral Weeks and Tapestry full price!
I need a little bargain guidance.
Wed 06/04/05 at 01:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> Yep, it wasn't that long ago. Only got one music shop in my town -
> Spinadisc, but all their bargains are poop. £15 for a new
> release album in there too, no wonder people download.
> Best thing about searching, though, is coming across an album you
> weren't looking for and finding it's probably the greatest thing!
> Sometimes..

I can't afford to just buy anything unless i'm really sure it's quality so i usually go out with a target. Almost all of my classic albums i've picked up for fiver in The Music Shack, Tapestry, Dark Side Of The Moon, Best Of Aretha, Astral Weeks, the list goes on.
Wed 06/04/05 at 01:51
Regular
"cachoo"
Yep, it wasn't that long ago. Only got one music shop in my town - Spinadisc, but all their bargains are poop. £15 for a new release album in there too, no wonder people download.
Best thing about searching, though, is coming across an album you weren't looking for and finding it's probably the greatest thing! Sometimes..
Wed 06/04/05 at 01:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> And they're all great tracks. His Made To Love Magic [which I think
> only came out a couple years ago?!] has got a little bit of
> everything, I think. Seemed like it was some sort of Greatest Hits
> album.
> :) Haven't got Five Leaves Left - Woolies seem to be selling a lot of
> great albums lately for a fiver or so, so they might have it.
> And ditto. Must have a look, haven't been out the house for 3 days..
> Lungs are starting to feel.. weird.

I'm pretty certain something was released before christmas. I barely go in woolies anymore, theyre so badly organised i'd have to search through everything. I go to a place called The Music Shack or MVC, cheap with loads of bargains and i can walk in and find what i want without messing around.
Wed 06/04/05 at 01:36
Regular
"cachoo"
And they're all great tracks. His Made To Love Magic [which I think only came out a couple years ago?!] has got a little bit of everything, I think. Seemed like it was some sort of Greatest Hits album.
:) Haven't got Five Leaves Left - Woolies seem to be selling a lot of great albums lately for a fiver or so, so they might have it.
And ditto. Must have a look, haven't been out the house for 3 days.. Lungs are starting to feel.. weird.
Wed 06/04/05 at 01:32
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ms NY wrote:
> Flock, did you buy a Nick Drake album or have you taken each
> song? Noticed you're playing a lot of the tracks from Bryter Layter.

I couldn't be bothered with selecting each track so i just openen my music file and told it to play everything. Theyre the only Nick Drake track's i've got. I had a look at Bryter Layter and the tracks i liked most weren't on it. I think i'll be getting Five Leaves Left of a Best Of album when i go out. I can't remember the last time i went into town :(
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.