GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to stop a speed camera using womens cosmetics..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/02/05 at 16:49
Regular
Any idea what cosmetic you need to put on your number plate to stop yourself getting caught by a camera? In the News of the World on Sunday it said that "Thousands" of people had been sharing the way to stop being detected over the net but I haven't found it yet - im guessing its hair spray or nail varnish.
Tue 22/02/05 at 15:03
Regular
"Captain to you."
If you get caught just explain that you where drunk at the time and couldn't read the speed limit. :D
Tue 22/02/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yep, 'tis Black Lipstick.

Why do you need it though?
Tue 22/02/05 at 14:27
Regular
"..."
Black Lipstick (Borrow some froma goth). Use it to change the numbers/letters so they look like other numbers/letters. If you get pulled up by the police, act like you don't know how it got their and blame it on dirt/mud/the old lady you just ran over.
Mon 21/02/05 at 21:45
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Just get a road angel, tells you when to slam on the brakes.
Mon 21/02/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I hate people who speed.

And their secret little cosmetic clubs and flashy light people.
Driving home in a blizzard, doing about 30-35mph on a 40mph road and some prrick behind me is flahsing his fog lights at me.

Yeah, nice one mate.
Mon 21/02/05 at 21:17
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
How about getting one of those GPS things with speed camera detectors?
Mon 21/02/05 at 21:06
Regular
You can get one of those things that deflect the flash of the camera for your numberplate can't you?

Dunno if they are illegal mind.
Mon 21/02/05 at 20:58
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Stick a picture of something horrible on your liscence plate. The camera will see it and explode.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Niddle wrote:
> As far as I know, cling film would work, because the flash would
> reflect off the film, and it would be too bright for the camera to
> pick it up. NNot sure if it works, though.. I'll leave it to you to
> test ;-)

Nope, it doesn't work.

English_Bloke wrote:
> I've heard that it's hair spray, but I don't know if it works or not.

That doesn't work either.

Via-torala wrote:
> Have the plates at an angle or cover them in a way that they can be
> read from straight behind but not from the left.

Maybe, but it's still not fool-proof to cameras that take piccies of the front of the car or take pictures from different angles.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Have the plates at an angle or cover them in a way that they can be read from straight behind but not from the left.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.