GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/02/05 at 11:35
Regular
Ok, basically I'm bored out of my mind and intend on purchasing a load of music. See below for a list of bands whose albums I wish to buy in the near future, and use them to recommend me some new music to listen to :]

Bloc Party

The Bravery

Kaiser Chiefs

Babyshambles

Others

Possibly the Prodigy's latest album, but I'm not sure. Love the track Girls, but is the rest of the album comparable? In saying this I like their older style as well so if it's anything like that I'm sold as well.

Thanks.

[edit] Forgot about The Doves, although I've not really heard much of them yet except for their current single. Album probably isn't out for ages knowing me, but has anyone else heard any of it yet?
Sun 20/02/05 at 11:24
Regular
crossbob wrote:
> I really hate Bloc Party they only have one good song!

Yeah, just one.. Like Eating Glass, Little Thoughts, Helicopter, Banquet, She's Hearing Voices, Price of Gas, Positive Tension, Staying Fat, This Modern Love.
Sun 20/02/05 at 11:19
Regular
Sun 20/02/05 at 10:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
crossbob wrote:
> I really hate Bloc Party they only have one good song!

Which is?

So here we are, Little Thoughts, Helicopter, Banquet and another which I've forgotten are sall pretty damn good.

Little Thoughts is still the pinnacle of their acheivements, though.
Sun 20/02/05 at 10:45
Regular
"Can't get enough"
Fishtobeking wrote:
> I feel that most of Linkin Parks music is good and I had them down as
> one of my favourite bands but they had to go and ruin it by letting
> Jay Z come in and wreck all the songs :( I think the new remix's are
> pants and have given Linkin Park and bad name now. By the way I have
> nothing against Jay Z I just think hes made the Linkin Park songs go
> poor.

Yeah; Jay Z has ruined it all. I 've not personally heard any of them; but I've been reading reviews of those who like Linkin Park songs about "Collision Course". They give it a serious 1/10 rating. Its still all good as long as Jay Z has not mashed up the previous Hybrid Theory music; because they have already been remixed once...
Sun 20/02/05 at 02:59
Regular
"Catch it!"
I really hate Bloc Party they only have one good song!
Sun 20/02/05 at 02:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Paradox: wrote:
> Dashboard Confessional - universally "nice" music.

If you're an Emo Goth who's just lost their girlfriend.
Sun 20/02/05 at 02:13
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I feel that most of Linkin Parks music is good and I had them down as one of my favourite bands but they had to go and ruin it by letting Jay Z come in and wreck all the songs :( I think the new remix's are pants and have given Linkin Park and bad name now. By the way I have nothing against Jay Z I just think hes made the Linkin Park songs go poor.
Sun 20/02/05 at 02:07
Regular
"Always the winner?"
MJ wrote:
> Best thing Linkin Park ever did was the Reanimation of Hybrid Theory,
> rest of it pales in comparison to be honest, went off of them soon
> after starting to like them.

Reanimation is good; but not the best of whatever they did. It is not critically too much acclaimed either. KRWLNG; ENTH E ND & 1STP KLSR were the three good re-animations and the whole album is worth its price just because of these three - P5ng ME AWAY is the fourth one and the consolation one...
Sat 19/02/05 at 21:56
Regular
"SOUP!"
Dashboard Confessional - universally "nice" music.
Sat 19/02/05 at 21:06
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Reanimation?
Fwahahahaha

Brighteyes be the way forward, och aye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.