GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA Email Spam reports."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/02/05 at 19:16
Regular
I've been complaining recently about missing emails.

Just happened to stumble across a new option (for me anyway) in the FREEOLA Control Panel - Email settings, called SPAM CHECK

Before I 'blow a gasket' I thought I would ask other FREEOLA customers here if they are aware of this and it's just me that's missed a COMMUNICATION.

I knew FREEOLA were introducing anti-spam s/w but this option is news to me.

Over the last couple of weeks I've commented to Customer Services that I believe I've missed emails - not a lot back except for "your problem should now be resolved..."
Now I've found this option that shows what emails have been blocked!

I have around 50 FREEOLA domains and can see a maintenance nightmare.

Before I go any further, I would be interested in the comments of other FREEOLA customers.
Tue 15/02/05 at 19:16
Regular
I've been complaining recently about missing emails.

Just happened to stumble across a new option (for me anyway) in the FREEOLA Control Panel - Email settings, called SPAM CHECK

Before I 'blow a gasket' I thought I would ask other FREEOLA customers here if they are aware of this and it's just me that's missed a COMMUNICATION.

I knew FREEOLA were introducing anti-spam s/w but this option is news to me.

Over the last couple of weeks I've commented to Customer Services that I believe I've missed emails - not a lot back except for "your problem should now be resolved..."
Now I've found this option that shows what emails have been blocked!

I have around 50 FREEOLA domains and can see a maintenance nightmare.

Before I go any further, I would be interested in the comments of other FREEOLA customers.
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:41
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Hi,

You have discovered this feature approximately 95 minutes after it was put live to the world for basic testing.

We normally put new features up for people to discover when they get past beta-testing or equivalent. Then, after a few days, we review comments or feedback and launch it properly.

Obviously this feature is designed to allow you to see what has been picked up by the spam/virus filter and we introduced this feature due to comments and requests from customers just like yourself so I would hope that you would be happy that we listen to our customers.

Regards,
Danny
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:52
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I see it, though I think that the 3 day window for us to check is a little small. Also, what happens to deleted emails, are they gone for good or can we still opt to receive them?

If not, can we turn off the spam filter?
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:06
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
It's not a three day window, it's a three day since logging began rule. Tomorrow it'll be a four day since logging began arrangement. We hope to keep at least a week of data depending on the size of the database table.

If an e-mail is blocked, it's gone for good.

There is currently no way to opt out but we did discuss a workaround today which we are actively seeking from our technical partners.

Regards,
Danny
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
An opt-out or view deleted options would be welcomed, as I know spam filters can sometimes catch legit emails, of which I would rather not loose.
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:23
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
That's very true but I have to say, being privy to the Advanced E-Mail Protection service we offer, that I haven't yet had a false negative since the new system was put up - and you should see the cr*p I receive on a regular basis.
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:29
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It may just be me, but I don't really like programs such as filters deleting my data (in this case email) based on assumed spam.

With hotmail, they've got a setting which lets any email from people in your address book though, and the rest goes in the bin. BUT, you can still look in to that bin with their easy lay out.

You've had this many times from me, but any set date as to when the web mail will be available, if it is still on the cards? And if so, any chance it could emulate the hotmail filtering system regarding an address book?
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:36
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Also, what does that gray bar under each email address represent?
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:39
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
The features you need are part of our advanced e-mail protection service but that's an extra service for the future.

Webmail is now being developed as a service which includes SMTP/POP access as well - it'll be a competitive 'few quid a month' service with total e-mail freedom for one Freeola 1000 address or unlimited addresses at a domain.

Webmail is obviously worldwide anyway but Outlook Express or other mail program users will also get worldwide access as long as mail is checked before attempting to send (POP before SMTP as it's known).

There is a far more definite date on the horizon for this - i'm looking at receiving working examples by March 1st.
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:40
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
I'm confused - i think that's just alternative row shading to help people view the table.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.