GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reasons not to vote Tory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/02/05 at 17:05
Regular
"8==="
Here follows a very simplified perspective:

It's difficult to understand how people now vote Tory. I assume the main cause is selfishness and a possible kneejerk reaction that's somehow carried on jerking for 30 years in some people.

There are so many reasons not to vote for them even as a protest vote.

1) They usually go on about lowering taxes. This is not always a great thing especially coming from a party that has run down the NHS and privatised off a lot of things that worked better before they were privatised.

2) Major privatisation (see 1)

3) Trust. They are the least trustworthy party, they haven't changed - underneath it's still the same party of crooks who'd sell their grandmother.

4) Backwards attitudes. Thankfully this appears to be costing them even more voters (even from their hardcore set) with their proposals to scrutinize foreign wives of british citizens.

5) They haven't changed (see 3). It's the same party underneath and (hopefully) no promise of taxcuts is going to persuade people to vote for a party that's caused many of the problem society still struggles with today.

6) Whatever Labour's mistakes you just know the Tories would have made worse ones. Labour's the lesser of two evils.

7) The Liberal Democrats are better for protest votes. They seem to be good caretakers and seem to make a good job of things (next to the other two anyway).

Anyway, these are obviously extremely simplified points, but I've made them in the interest of having a decent discussion.
Fri 18/02/05 at 11:19
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Yes. Yes Yes, a thousand yes's to this thread. I'm New Labour through and through. And here's my message:

Even if your not going to vote Labour, please please please oh for the love of the creator of Fairy Liquid, please DON'T VOTE TORY!!! Please...
Wed 16/02/05 at 14:50
Regular
"8==="
Simplified reconstruction:

Hedfix - www.hedfix.com says:
Did you threaten to over-rule him?

Cancel your Xbox Live account you dumb twit fase says:
who

who

GHEY

ggggggay

Look Mr Howard answer the simple question:

yes

Did you really threaten to over-rule him?

dont make me block you
Wed 16/02/05 at 14:20
Regular
"8==="
Light wrote:
>
> Anyway, another good reason not to vote Tory; their current leader
> avoided answering a simple question on Newsnight something like 15
> times. That is still one of the greatest pieces of television in
> history...

But DID he threaten to over-rule him? :D
Wed 16/02/05 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
KR wrote:
> Wasn't it them who wanted the legal drinking age to be 21 whilst they
> wanted the gay sex age to be lowered to 14?

No, that was you ahahaha huuuuuur
Wed 16/02/05 at 12:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
SHEEPY wrote:
> However, the Lib Dems managed to avoid the student fees in
> England/Wales so good on them. Our system seems fair - they pay it
> just now and we pay them back over a few years when we get a job.

i was thinking about this a while back, if i take out a massive student loan and then afterwards get a job in Canada and move over there, will i still have to pay that money back to the bank here in England?
Wed 16/02/05 at 12:13
Regular
One thing I saw on the TV the other day irritated me.

Michael Howard with a bunch of old people waving a "Keep Britain British" flag.

'Howard is pushing his 'immigrant' arguement is annoying as well. OK, there might quite a few people coming to Britain, but he is joining the Daily Mail's ferocious "ASYLUM SEEKERS ARE SCUM!!" campaign.

You so know he's secretly a big fat facist Nazi in disguise.
Wed 16/02/05 at 10:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They're in coalition with Labour, the Scottish Parliament doesn't really do anything but use up lots of money.

However, the Lib Dems managed to avoid the student fees in England/Wales so good on them. Our system seems fair - they pay it just now and we pay them back over a few years when we get a job.
Wed 16/02/05 at 08:23
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
The Libdems are in power in Scotland aren't they? Or are they no longer part of a Labour Libdem coalition up there? I should really pay more attention to this kind of thing.

Anyway, another good reason not to vote Tory; their current leader avoided answering a simple question on Newsnight something like 15 times. That is still one of the greatest pieces of television in history...
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:48
Regular
"8==="
Sounds more like a focus group rather than a party line.

As a party line that's political suicide.
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:06
Regular
Wasn't it them who wanted the legal drinking age to be 21 whilst they wanted the gay sex age to be lowered to 14?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.