GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE MAD BANNER CHALLENGE IS OVER - THE WINNERS ARE..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/05/01 at 20:15
Regular
Okay, so the mad banner challenge is over. I think big respect needs to go out to everyone who managed to create decent banners and keep them under 15k! Anyway the winning banners that we have decided to put up on the site are:

UKCheats Banner - ("Whipped by Wario...") - By Armitage Shanks
http://www.fuji-image-service.fsnet.co.uk/ukcheats/mariocheats/15kad.gif

Maxx PC Banner - ("Loading...") - By Turbonutter
http://www.imagics.f2s.com/maxx.gif

GB Advance Banner - ("GB Advance + hands...") - By Er-no
http://www.er-no.fsnet.co.uk/banner1.gif

Notables Election Banner - ("Who will be the sixth notable...") - By Er-no
http://www.er-no.fsnet.co.uk/banner2.gif

These banners have been put up on the site to see how well they do. All of the clicks are monitored by our admin system which can tell us who clicked on it, so don't even think about clicking your own banner hundreds of times!
Also we need these banners to be genuinely successful to make this a proper marketing exercise, as sometimes the banners can look amazing but it doesn't mean anyone will click on them... (trust me on this one..!)

Any of the above banners that reach 0.5% click through in the first week will win a Filmaday prize, and if both of Er-no's banners reach over 0.5% than he can claim a Gameaday prize.

Anyway, Thanks and well done to everyone who took part.

Cheers.

Mark.
("The Special Reserve banner & design boy....")
Thu 14/06/01 at 22:01
"Uzi Lover"
er-no wrote:
:O)

Joby

Ohhhhhhhh that name! Gimme it!
Thu 14/06/01 at 20:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hello Mark,

As much as the films sound tempting... please could I choose the game for my banners... Thanks, and its great they were a success!

:O)

Joby

P.S I do have a few more banners that I have designed for SR... do you want to take a look at them?
Thu 14/06/01 at 17:27
Regular
"..."
Well, the Mad Banner challenge is over and here are the results...

1st Place - GB Advance Banner - ("GB Advance + hands...") -By Er-no
I think this one was the staff favourite and it proved how good it was by reaching 1.15%. This banner was shown 14,614 times and has had 109 clicks so far.

2nd Place - UKCheats Banner - ("Whipped by Wario...") - By Armitage Shanks. This banner is currently sitting at 0.43% but it did peak at 0.66% last weeek, Well done dude. (it had 14,607 impressions and was clicked 58 times)

3rd Place -Maxx PC Banner - ("Loading...") - By Turbonutter
This banner was a cool idea, and we liked it lots. The banner is now at 0.30% but it did reach 0.60%. This banner had 14,584 impressions and was clicked 44 times.

And finally, the Notables Election Banner - ("Who will be the sixth notable...") - By Er-no.
Pure fluke this one! it just scraped through with a high of a 0.50% click through rate. But to be fair it wasn't shown on the site for as long as the others due to the elections being over last week.

So, at the end of it all both Armitage Shanks & Turbonutter can claim a filmaday prize and er-no can claim a gameaday prize or 2 filmaday prizes.

Cheers,

Mark.

p.s. Er-no please let me know whether you want 2 filmadays or one gameaday prize. Thanks.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:27
Tony wrote:
Actually you didn't win because we can't spell your
> name!

Haha, oh dear. Ok, I'll change it to plain old Swish incase it happens again. And that isn't a very good reason!

:D
Wed 06/06/01 at 14:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Busted!
Wed 06/06/01 at 14:10
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
§wĄ§” wrote:
> Or maybe the reason I didn't win was because my banners were too good and might of driven Mark out of his job. Yes, really. Hey! Why isn't any one believing me!

Actually you didn't win because we can't spell your name!
Wed 06/06/01 at 12:50
Regular
"..."
maybe, maybe not...!
Tue 05/06/01 at 21:08
Or maybe the reason I didn't win was because my banners were too good and might of driven Mark out of his job. Yes, really. Hey! Why isn't any one believing me!

:D
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
I can't believe you didn't pick my cheats one!

I thought that was the best...

....but I have a question for Tony, now that I have two banners up, if I have 0.5% on both I win two games? and if I have 0.5% on both banners I win one game...

Just asking!

:) Thanks...
Mon 04/06/01 at 21:27
Or is it because I'm a Newbie, the others seem to be regulars, and you obviously know them better. Can't you choose some more in the following weeks, as I may as well finish off the list of banners that I have started just for fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.