GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE MAD BANNER CHALLENGE IS OVER - THE WINNERS ARE..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/05/01 at 20:15
Regular
Okay, so the mad banner challenge is over. I think big respect needs to go out to everyone who managed to create decent banners and keep them under 15k! Anyway the winning banners that we have decided to put up on the site are:

UKCheats Banner - ("Whipped by Wario...") - By Armitage Shanks
http://www.fuji-image-service.fsnet.co.uk/ukcheats/mariocheats/15kad.gif

Maxx PC Banner - ("Loading...") - By Turbonutter
http://www.imagics.f2s.com/maxx.gif

GB Advance Banner - ("GB Advance + hands...") - By Er-no
http://www.er-no.fsnet.co.uk/banner1.gif

Notables Election Banner - ("Who will be the sixth notable...") - By Er-no
http://www.er-no.fsnet.co.uk/banner2.gif

These banners have been put up on the site to see how well they do. All of the clicks are monitored by our admin system which can tell us who clicked on it, so don't even think about clicking your own banner hundreds of times!
Also we need these banners to be genuinely successful to make this a proper marketing exercise, as sometimes the banners can look amazing but it doesn't mean anyone will click on them... (trust me on this one..!)

Any of the above banners that reach 0.5% click through in the first week will win a Filmaday prize, and if both of Er-no's banners reach over 0.5% than he can claim a Gameaday prize.

Anyway, Thanks and well done to everyone who took part.

Cheers.

Mark.
("The Special Reserve banner & design boy....")
Sat 28/07/01 at 20:30
I have no idea how to make banners!
Thu 26/07/01 at 11:27
Regular
"How Handy."
A great program to use to create banners is Macromedia Fireworks. This is very expensive to buy but you can download a thirty day trial from the Macromedia Site.
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:44
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I have never won but i'm looking forward to the two games a day thing being introduced in august.

Because I feel I am better at reviews. When I do get a good idea for a topic, I come to write it down it seams stupid and a pile of crap. I also havn't done a topic in around a month.

Don't expect to win because I will probably take a long time before it eventually happens. If you are expecting to win and you don't, please do not write a "why did I not win " topic.
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:36
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Not sure about that. Ask around, make a few calls ;) So have you won GAD yet? i would like to win it but my GAD post is nearly always bettered by someone else. Grrrr
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:34
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
It about 7 pages back, er-no mentioned it though I have never heard of it either.
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:32
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
It would be fun making banners, maybe even winning a GAD prize. Fireworks? Hmm not heard of that before.
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:27
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I have been aking all day but know one has givin me a straight answer.

I read back in this thread and you need to download something called fireworks, that gets you started.

How you make the banners from there I do not know.
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:18
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Umm how do I make a banner?
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:33
YES!
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:31
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This was the last banner challenge.

Shall we do it again?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.