GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who owns perfect dark and banjo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Wed 24/11/04 at 15:53
Regular
"BOO YA!"
who actually owns the rights to make sequals to perfect dark and banjo cuz i really want to see a sequel to them , oh and who actually 'owns' the goldeneye game , cuz isnt there any way that E.A can actually do something right for once and like re do it for the new generation * but without changing a THING , just a simple port , mebe with online play*
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:01
Regular
Yes I know, but they are lenient with them to an extent. Rare still develop for the GBA for example.

What I meant was, it depends on how much 'freedom to develop' MS will give Rare. i.e. letting them develop for the Gamecube if it meant an Xbox release too perhaps.
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:49
Regular
I think MS are having Rare bring Perfect Dark:Zero to Xbox, meaning it's unlikely Nintendo will be able to negotiate that contract.

Banjo , maybe - but it depends on how much MS have got Rare under their thumb.
Thu 25/11/04 at 11:46
Regular
"Bow to me!"
The new Goldeneye looks like a botched job. The original is by Rare who always made good games, but the new one is obviously EA who make less than good games most of the time. I think that Ninty should somehow buy the rights to Banjo and Perfect Dark and make sequals. I dont know if its possible to do but if they could it would be good for us, and moneymaking for Nintendo no doubt.
Wed 24/11/04 at 16:39
Regular
"0228"
TimClarke_007 wrote:
> who actually owns the rights to make sequals to perfect dark and banjo

Rare. Those people that work for Microsoft.
Wed 24/11/04 at 15:53
Regular
"BOO YA!"
who actually owns the rights to make sequals to perfect dark and banjo cuz i really want to see a sequel to them , oh and who actually 'owns' the goldeneye game , cuz isnt there any way that E.A can actually do something right for once and like re do it for the new generation * but without changing a THING , just a simple port , mebe with online play*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.