GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bill Bailey: Part Troll"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/02/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Caught a repeat of this the other night. Is it me, or did he blatantly steal the "positive drug experience" skit from Bill Hicks?

Doesn't matter, it was poor at best. "Ooh, ooh, I pulled a funny face after doing a high-pitched voice and making fun of my long hair. Everyone clap like seals when I quote normal words in Klingon, and play the three chords I know on the piano and guitar."
Wed 16/02/05 at 18:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Biggie Little wrote:
> Seen the show live. It's absolute quality.

Yeh it was. Did you do the Zen "one-clap" as well? :)
Wed 16/02/05 at 10:17
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
JFH wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Does Carr do anything except host "100..." for C4?
>
> Yes. He hosted Distraction, he does The Friday Night Project, he
> hosted that new year's quiz, and I'm sure there are many more. He
> does everything.

He also has his own column in Zoo Magazine.
Tue 15/02/05 at 17:49
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Seen the show live. It's absolute quality.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:40
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah but we're talking about Phil Kay. ;P

I know. Someone mentioned Peter though. Only seen Phil once, so I wouldn't dare comment.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:37
Regular
"8==="
Yeah but we're talking about Phil Kay. ;P
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Carr does need to be more selective.

Bailey is hit and miss, but slightly on the plus side.

Izzard is crap.

Peter Kay is a comedian for the whole family, therefore seems to enjoy pleasing boyfriend and girlfriend couples and old women.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
Carr's show on XFM was more amusing when it was him on his todd.

Now he's got some "comedy sidekick" type person, and it's rubbish.
Tue 15/02/05 at 12:27
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I utterly loved this show (and Hicks didn't invent the "good times on drugs" skit; he just does it better than anyone else). The most Hicksian thing was the undercurrent of utter fury running through it. It was a most pleasant surprise.

Jimmy Carr's DVD is worth a look too. Nasty fun.

I like Phil Kay too, though he is by his very nature hit and miss. Much like Jonny Vegas really; when he has a good night, he's awesome and literally no one can touch him. When he's bad, it's practically upsetting.
Mon 14/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"8==="
Jasper Carrot had a good writer doing most of his stand-up.
Mon 14/02/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Haven't seen any of them, but he makes me laugh. Just one of those people I suppose - like Jasper Carrott. Man, he'll never stop being funn...oh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.